Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Da9 springs

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 INTEGRA LS AUTO
    Quote Originally Posted by <jjmss>
    just got an immaculate 92 series2 integra real real cheap
    If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for it ?
    I just recently bought the same, also immaculate in my opinion... paid $7000.

Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(
    Wow I havent been on here for a while, good to see some new faces.

in regards to the topic I suggest you also look into a set of matching shocks, I say this from experience I used to have stock shocks on the back on my LS and Tokiko illumina's on the front, the rear ones wore out like in the first 3 months and the fron ones had been in the car as far as I can remember, also if I were you I wouldnt go lower than 3 1/2 inches mine was 4" all round and had to put up with pot holes and speed humps since i purchased the car.

ps: I added a pic just for refference on what my LS looked like dropped 4"

Man I miss my car!
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by remi1au
    If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for it ?
    I just recently bought the same, also immaculate in my opinion... paid $7000.
    going by your display picture you have a series one.. what is the build date (you will find this under your bonnet next to your radiator)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 INTEGRA LS AUTO
    Quote Originally Posted by FR33K
    going by your display picture you have a series one.. what is the build date (you will find this under your bonnet next to your radiator)
    Yeh.... build date March 1992, I think the update happened May 1992

i got mine for $1000 with 12mths rego 5000k old tyres this car is immaculate but engine gone (got one in for 1200)but i i must say sold him my sti and when he came to pick it up the my car the integra had died few days before so think it was right place right time

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    im currently lookin at springs for my DA9 and got a good price too but yea they dun make super lows, and whats the point of dumping it 1", its a waste of $$$ and have u seen the massive gap on a stock DA9 its like 4"...

king springs' lows are ok... not too low but evens up the rear of the car alot more...

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra

not too low

Hi the problem with going so low is the floor pan on the DAs is really low, you'll be scaping on cigarete buds, bottoming out on bump stops, and if there not a progressive design will pop out on big bumps or when you jack the car up, your excessive negative camber will wear out your tyres,and you will have bump steer,thats why big companys will not mass produce really low springs, and if you get away with it for longer than 6 months you'll have the record for longest without getting done with a yellow sticker, trust me ive been there and so has almost everyone i know. Your best option would be to drive the car to k-mac and they make a set of springs in any height you want,or you could wak on a set of 19's which would raise the car due to the taller diameter and sit in the guards further. I have just spent around $4500 on my DA suspension (crazy i know) but i havnt put all the gear in yet, so ill try and get a side shot of my car with my old pedders springs so you know what sort of heights your looking at with standard aftermarket springs.Also regarding spring rates you can also specify what you want at k-mac.Personally i like the 10mm of the guard look with 17,s and some chunky tyres. sorry bout the spelling been out of school too long, Later.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    i can source super low Da9 springs
    oh wrd!