Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 SiR

Smile AEM Cold Air Intake, worth the money??

Hi guys finally booked my EF8 in for an exhaust, looking at doin a CAI next just unsure as what set up to use. Heard from a few guys that AEM make a good CAI system just unsure if their systems are worth the dollars???

Anyone purchased AEM CAI or done a CAI on a EF8 b16a that has proven to be effective???

Thanx,

Feoc

i'd say yes. i have the v2.

but u can get heaps cheaper with similar power results. if u go cheap, get a simota piping with k&n filter. should be almost the same.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    Quote Originally Posted by preludacris
    i'd say yes. i have the v2.

but u can get heaps cheaper with similar power results. if u go cheap, get a simota piping with k&n filter. should be almost the same.
    The majority of Pod on Pipe CAI's are similar.
    Jusst select the with right pos positioning that provides more flow to the filter.

my vn 2k dong

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 SiR
    Cheers, just trying to weigh up options before rushing out to buy the first one I see. Where would be a good place to source these parts from outside of ozhonda? Is there any online shops out there that people have used and been happy with?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG =D
    the design of a cold air intake actually matters supprisingly
    even though most cold air intake designs are similar you can find yourself obtaining significant differences in power increases. AEM's designs have proved better than most so you cant go wrong there however, imo k&n filters
    are top quality but they dont give you maximum increases. for toyota sportivos you can find a difference of about 4fwkw from just different combinations of CAIs and filters (i.e 4-6kw with one setup compared to 8-12kw with another). v2 with apexi power intake ftw =o

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 SiR
    Quote Originally Posted by huynh12345
    v2 with apexi power intake ftw =o
    would this combo be the best with b16a1 ?

is the v2 designed for an EF8 specifically or is it universal and require slight mods to install?

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    have a look at their range. they have heaps of versions available

i have one designed for ed/ef b16a/b18c swaps in my ed9, it came with a dry type mesh pod.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    Are they worth the money? I don't think so.
    But is there a difference over the cheaper stuff? YES!
    It's just a few pipes, how much difference can it make? Suprisingly alot when it comes to AEM stuff (although I hate to admit it).

If you're happy to spend the money on it then go for it.

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    I have seen two H22a preludes dynoed one after the other... The first was stock with just a pod filter on the OEM intake piping and made 111kw atw, the second had a AEM V2 and a catback exhaust and it made 112kw atw.... Perhaps if the ecu was tuned to suit the intake it might have gained a bit more, but IMHO I dont think its worth the money....
    Last edited by ZeForce; 11-11-2006 at 12:20 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce
    I have seen two H22a preludes dynoed one after the other... The first was stock with just a pod filter on the OEM intake piping and made 111kw atw, the second had a AEM V2 and a catback exhaust and it made 112kw atw.... Perhaps if the ecu was tuned to suit the intake it might have gained a bit more, but IMHO I dont think its worth the money....
    Different cars will make different power, even if they have identical mods or are fully stock, depending on other factors such as how the engine was run when it was still new or the maintenance done by the owner.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

also PEAK power is just a number. The power curve before and after might be altered in a good way

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i recently got an Injen CAI for my DC22r, i dont have ANY other mods on the car.

It definitely has more urge up top, its not ball tearing stuff, but it does charge harder... plus it sound friggin insane too...

with headers exhaust and fully programmable ecu with a good tune youll get a better result

for me it just enhances the driving experience as it gives a little more top end and sounds nice

Hit Yonas up from JDMYARD, he has some injen ones.. TOP quality product, mounts to all existing holes, and everyhting you need to install yoursel, and hes a nice guy to boot! he goes under the name of EG5