Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo

Anyone running Skunk2 coilovers???

I recently purchased some skunk2 coilovers and with the help of a mate, installed them this weekend, and took it for a run. the front bounces so much it feels like a pogo stick :S anyone know why?
    its set at 1.5inches from the lowest setting at the front and 1 inch from bottom at the rear...

pic shows front at correct height, rear is at lowest but has been raised now...

any help appreciated!
    cheers
    christian

**UPDATE**
    Ive just raised the front ANOTHER 1inch and it is STILL horrible to drive!@
    im at my witts end with the junk and i have no idea wats wrong!
    Has anyone used those cap things that go ontop of the stock shocks, on the coilovers? i was thinkn thats the only thing it could be?
    Last edited by VTi_b0i; 20-11-2006 at 06:17 PM.
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    i just got mine about 2 weeks ago, front is fine, rear is bouncy when i go over continueing bumps or big ones, the springs are stiff as, so im guessin thats a reason for sum bounce, tho i know some other ppl will be able to explain it alot better than i can lol
    ...LS...

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    i might be that they are new and need to be run in a bit
    i just installed my D2 coilovers and they also seem abit bouncy, or is that cause they are stiff and just following the road, ie all the imperfections on the road

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    You talking about the skunk2 coilover sleeves? Or full coilovers?

If you're talking about the sleeves. What shocks are you using with them? I know that with the accords at least the Skunk2 sleeves have some of the highest default spring rates you can get on sleeves or lowering springs. Depending what shocks you're using with them and what condition they're in that would probably be the reason for the bouncy ride. Being a higher spring rate the shocks have to work harder to dampen their movement and if they're not good enough they just won't do their job properly.
    Last edited by Eclipsor; 12-11-2006 at 10:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsor
    You talking about the skunk2 coilover sleeves? Or full coilovers?

If you're talking about the sleeves. What shocks are you using with them? I know that with the accords at least the Skunk2 sleeves have some of the highest default spring rates you can get on sleeves or lowering springs. Depending what shocks you're using with them and what condition they're in that would probably be the reason for the bouncy ride. Being a higher spring rate the shocks have to work harder to dampen their movement and if they're not good enough they just won't do their job properly.
    what he said ^^. Good post.
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    thanks for that, but nahh i am using the Full Coilovers not sleeves. it just doesnt seem safe, i didnt want to go over 60km/h lol so something must be wrong.
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Yeah there shouldn't be any reason for the full coilovers to be bouncing unless there's something wrong. Have you tried adjusting the damper? You didn't stick in any extra bump stops or anything did you?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    they arent damper adjustable. but they are quite stiff. um yeahh we used the bumpstops that were already in the stock shocks. im thinkn there has to be something wrong because its terrible to drive! feels worse then ch0pped springs!
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

IMO its just too low. Raise it , and give the included shocks a break.
    It would ride alot better too.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    yeahh when i put my rims back on the front i will raise it to an appropritate hieght, i know it being so low WOULD make it alittle bouncy but this is rediculous!
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    If you didn't cut the stock bump stops you might be hitting them too.

I reackon it's a bit silly if a coilover can't be used at any of it's allowed height settings. So I hope for your sake that's not the reason.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    me too!@! lol if its not drivable at that low theres no point it being able to go down that far lol
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN