Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    E
    Quote Originally Posted by mimps
    NEWS!!!
    the shop has agreed to repair the subframe tear out at no cost.

The kit did not come with the heavy duty bracket and brace as standard,
    and they were unaware of the problem (hence the stock bracket was used)
    I'm going to order the ASR brace.

my car feels like sloppy p00 without the swaybar

BY THE WAY, the whiteline swaybar was only 18mm!!!
    (stock is 16mm)
    It's great to hear some businesses out there admit to their wrongdoing and will repair for free.

If your going to run the ASR reo kit are you considering in upgrading to a thicker bar?

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra

Asr

Thanks for that link Benjamin, ive been looking everywhere for that info, and i did some calculations and if the bars are equall in all other areas, the asr 32mm / 2.5mm bar would be 126% stiffer than an integra type r 22mm bar, probably equaivalent to a 26mm solid,(correct me if im wrong) and dont forget the ASR kit has adjustable arms. When fitting a rear swaybar it makes a huuuuuuuge difference to handling and with the hondas being weak in that area the only option is to strenghen the subframe, the asr kit isnt the only option as there are kits from whiteline and other manufacturers much cheaper, but not for the DA's. The only options for me were to buy an 18mm and risk it, adapt a dc2 brace kit with 22mm bar or the asr kit, all i can say is please strengthen the subrame and you will not believe the difference a bigger rear sway will make to a front wheel drive car.later.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    you subframe costs about $1200 to repair .. heheeh

they repair it next door to whitelines ahahah..

dont ask me how i know.. hehehehe

Backyard DIY ASR

Last edited by BlitZ; 15-11-2006 at 03:11 PM.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra

Funny

You made me laugh.....(poor whitline) at least now we know what where in for in costs if we put a larger rear swaybar on without srenghening the subframe.What size swaybar did you use on the backyard kit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by TEGNO1
    You made me laugh.....(poor whitline) at least now we know what where in for in costs if we put a larger rear swaybar on without srenghening the subframe.What size swaybar did you use on the backyard kit.
    22 ITR item...

its backyard.. but it works exactly the same as ASR

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    shit. i just ordered my sway bar as well. what other alternatives are there apart from gettn ASR?

if the whiteline kit has all the fittings and plates supplied it should be fine correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra

Tops

Top job its good that you thought ahead and saved some money too. Hows the 22mm rear must drive like a different car with that on right.(what you using for the front hows the handling...nuetral over/understeer. Hope someone who's used the whiteline kit can provide some feedback for you FLY.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::.
    shit. i just ordered my sway bar as well. what other alternatives are there apart from gettn ASR?

if the whiteline kit has all the fittings and plates supplied it should be fine correct?
    The whiteline stuff is ok for DC.. just not EK ...

DC only experiences plucking when ripped out the whiteline one is fine..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by TEGNO1
    Top job its good that you thought ahead and saved some money too. Hows the 22mm rear must drive like a different car with that on right.(what you using for the front hows the handling...nuetral over/understeer. Hope someone who's used the whiteline kit can provide some feedback for you FLY.
    feels better.. but track time wise.. i didnt see much difference from std to 22mm

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    allgood. will be installing mine after my exams

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    this wont happen if i just install a ek9 sway onto the stock ek4 right??? or will i need reinforcement too...

btw wats the different with ek9 vs ek4. dont think it will make a huge difference?

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra

Asr

Dont forget you dont have to buy the 32mm hollow you can just buy the brace for $180us retail +shipping,and just use a 22mm DC2R bar, i had no option as with the DA's they only sell complete.http://search.ebay.com.au/asr-brace_...sPageNameZWD2Sthats the link to a seller on ebay dont know anyone else who supplies ASR kits. (question for blitz what spring rates and front swaybar are you using, any tips for me in setting up my car), thanks.