Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F22b Turbo kit

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K

Question F22b Turbo kit

Does any body in this forum have an accord f22b turbo ?? CD 5 model..

im planning on turbo charging my accord. instead of changing engine... any idea where to get the turbo kits in australia

I ask few guys over the States total up approximately about $3500 australian dolar includes Shipping.
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    think more like 8-9k all up mate, its soooo much cheaper over there than here.

a full kit from the US typically costs US3.5k, plus shipping, plus things like clutch, brakes, gauges etc

Member Array
    why in the hell would u wanna turbo an accord? ur off ur ****...
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Because some people actually have an interest in modifying cars. Its to do with this little thing called "fun"

As for why i did it, it was a learning experience. I love my accord, but wanted it to be a bit more fun to drive. So i started looking into the options, saw that turbocharging was realistic and would get me the results i wanted and, more importantly, it was something where i could do most of the work myself (i like working on cars, i hate paying other people to work on my car).

So hopefully that helps you understand some of the reasoning, unless you are simply not going to bother trying and dismiss it out of hand...

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Quote Originally Posted by poid
    Because some people actually have an interest in modifying cars. Its to do with this little thing called "fun" ...
    Thats the point!...im agree with you
    my turbo kits cost me $2600 including shipping to australia cant wait for that... should be here by next month.

an easy $3000 that can make your car arround 200 Hp.. what else do you want from that money ??
    BTMotorsports

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Just wondering, do you have a link to that kit?

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by 040501912
    Thats the point!...im agree with you
    my turbo kits cost me $2600 including shipping to australia cant wait for that... should be here by next month.

an easy $3000 that can make your car arround 200 Hp.. what else do you want from that money ??
    lol yeah i guess $3000 isnt bad, i thought ur gonna fork out 7-10g or something like some people have said, afterall if people spend 2g just on exhaust systems for an extra 10-15kw then 3g for a 50kw gain isnt alright, my main issue with it that the power is going to the front wheels and its a family car, but i guess u'll have more juice for everyday driving...
    whatta u gonna do about engineering certs?
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    This is the link
    www.treadstoneperformance.com
    Turbo kit is not includes the Fuel system.. and the price of the kit $2600 is alreadi in australian dollars.. + shipping

I wouldnt spent more den $5000 on mods for the turbo .. im not rich LOL.. saving up some money on DIY and gettho style work would be keep my pocket save.

Engineering cert? naah .. just play poker with the cop and bet on my luck. so far so good with all the mods i had.. never been pulled over and open bonnet even once.. for almost 1 year +

try to make the car as silent as possible with the plumb back Bov.. gona be the main prior. until i got a yellow on my window LOL
    Last edited by 040501912; 15-11-2006 at 01:45 PM.
    BTMotorsports

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    my main issue with it that the power is going to the front wheels and its a family car

whatta u gonna do about engineering certs?

I dont see the big deal with increased power to the front wheels. of course being a front driver you will have traction issues compared to the equivilent rear wheel driver and torque steer to deal with but there are alot of new factory turbo front drivers on the market at the moment ( xr5/ 3 mps ) so its a given that you wont have as much tractability as a rear driver.

fitting an lsd or if you are lucky finding an M2B4 JDM pelude box will go a long way to improving any traction issues.

family car? i would say a sports sedan because the cd5 accord is very much based on the prelude of the same era. Near identical suspension setups, chassis tuning etc. most already know the accord SIR which was sold in japan had a h22a engine in it, so every cd5 sold with only an f22b was over engineered for the power it was capable of making. Add some more power to the accord ( turbo or h22a swap ) combined with a suspension/wheel and tyre upgrade and you have a very capable vehicle. Much more capable than some would assume.

as far as engineers certificates go. as long as the BOV is plumbed back and the turbo kit isng going to pose a direct danger the engineer will issue an engineers certificate.
    Last edited by h22a accord; 15-11-2006 at 01:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Quote Originally Posted by h22a accord
    as far as engineers certificates go. as long as the BOV is plumbed back and the turbo kit isng going to pose a direct danger the engineer will issue an engineers certificate.
    wonder how would i apply this cert at? .. i have no idea how to apply LOL..
    thx for dat
    BTMotorsports

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    i hope you have factored in the cost of the fuel system, new clutch etc into how much you originally wanted to spend. You'll need some sort of ECU and injectors.

The kit you have got seems to be quite decent in terms of the hardware, it certainly wasnt around when i was doing mine (went all custom in the end). You'll need to get a wastegate dump pipe made up, as well as an exhaust also. It'll be interesting to see if the kit will fit without sacrificing the air con.

The cooler piping from the turbo to cooler also looks like you'll have to do some cutting to make it fit, and i reckon the intercooler *may* need you to cut into the front bumper support. You'll only know that when you get it though.

Main issue i have though is the placement of the wastegate port on the manifold, it doesnt bleed off from all cylinders evenly. Should be OK for low boost apps though.

Let us know how it turns out!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    you will need to find a list of engineers over in perth and call them. It is always best to consult an engineer BEFORE you commence work so you have a thorough understanding of what stadard you have to adhere to.

click this link from the nsw roads and traffic authority and you will see a list of engineers people can consult with regarding vehicle modifications. There is one engineer listed for W.A. right at the bottom of the page.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati.../vsi/vsi15.pdf
    Last edited by h22a accord; 15-11-2006 at 02:37 PM.