Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    if u have a k20 swap in a light car like a civic with at least IHE then u would be hoping to at least match a rex in a drag. kpro and tune and ur set.

NA b-series, hmm maybe a b18cR thats pretty worked. have a go by all means but dont cry if u get nailed

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Seriously mate, just do the main things first like headers, cai, zorst. Then work your way up. Just give your mate a go first even just to see how you go then each mod see the difference.

Heres a link to give you a rough idea what to do http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19495.

End of the day, it wont take you much to keep up or even beat a STOCK wrx.

Member Array
    Car:
    MX83 cressida
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda View Post
    ahaha at stupid people who think they civic's are fast. haha
    man... it's still a corona, doesn't that engine tear out of the engine bay...

Leave the civic boys alone!!

Each to their own, but i'd thake a stock civic ek4 ova any corona on the planet!!

Member Array
    Car:
    MX83 cressida
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda View Post
    another civic owner thinking their car is fast... :rolleyes*
    how about... no one is f***ing impressed and if ur toyota is so f***ing good why aren't you on toymods bragging about it there where someone mite actually be impressed!!

Dude, it's not all about fl;at out power.

SOME of us chose hondas because they are just damn good cars... Reliable, fun, and not to mention economical. Yeah, so a stock 1.6l isn't going to pull a 10 second quarter mile but maybe... just MAYBE that's not all it's about.

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiz_EG6 View Post
    how about... no one is f***ing impressed and if ur toyota is so f***ing good why aren't you on toymods bragging about it there where someone mite actually be impressed!!

Dude, it's not all about fl;at out power.

SOME of us chose hondas because they are just damn good cars... Reliable, fun, and not to mention economical. Yeah, so a stock 1.6l isn't going to pull a 10 second quarter mile but maybe... just MAYBE that's not all it's about.
    sorry, i dont need to brag about things that you might think is fast, but in reality its not..

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz_EG6 View Post

i had an eg6 na b16a, it was faster and handelled betta than my dc2r (no lsd though ) anyway, that had a stock jap b16a, when i first got it all it had was a pod and an exhaust tip, pulled a bit ova 100kw atw.

pretty fast, but got far more bang outta a set of 4:1 extractors and well tuned emanage.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accrod cd5/ MY03 WRX

why bother ???

How can you compare a WRX to Civic , 2 totally different leagues. A civic is probably one of the best NA 4 cylinder car's in the market but there is just 2 much of a difference between booth .....
    HEavy weight fighter would not fight a feather weight!!!!!!!!

Stupid question I say .... unless you are goign to k20 or boost the biatch!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    For same driver skill.....both in stock form

WRX Kill a EK4 anywhere........
    Those "You use semi,he got shit tyres","Better driver Skill","Better handling feel" is quite pointless if u talking about how can a Ek4 beat a WRX.....

In corner handling issue,the EK4 will feel better than wrx(by saying that,i a ctually owned a 190kw atw WRX and a 2 door STi and also a EK and DC2R b4).....but corner speed.....if they use same tyres....the wrx won't be beaten.......so.........depends on how many guts u got.....

Anythings is possible,just depends on 2 factors....
    Driver skill,Money,Money and Money......

I personally saw modproject EG(B18CR) chase up with a porsche GT3 and 350Z Turbo in winton last week, but ask him how much he had spend on NA tuning and if u can spend that much, ur Ek4 will be an animal.....

This kind of topic had been discussed too many times....

Just Drive your car and enjoy it......
    Last edited by civic_mods; 01-12-2006 at 04:07 AM.

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    lols, if ur really interested in ur little b16a that has awsome hidden powers i suggest u speak to paul owner of eg16a
    his little hatch would cream a wrx..
    from what i heard he is an outstanding driver and shifts quicker then superman
    his eg ran a 13. somthing down the 1/4 mile ive been told..
    so pm him find out more about what he has done to his motor i suppose?
    +kyobi imaging / Shooting star

1 3 5
    ├┼┼┐
    2 4 6 R

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    I daresay he's spent more than $5k. You could spend $100k on a b16a Civic if you wanted to. It's definitely easy to spend $20k on one, just ask a few owners around Ozhonda hehe

But seriously, if your budget is $5k or below, there isn't even any point in focusing it on power unless your handling is already top notch. Handling is so important. Using the power of retrospect, I would say if I were to choose a new car to buy the number one factor contributing to the final decision would be the inate handling capacity of the vehicle. Ie the chasis potential, the suspension mounting points, the weight distribution.

Unless you just want to drive in a straight line (and I'm not saying that isn't cool or fun), focus on handling and get more out of what your car is really about!

Personally, and this is a matter of opinion, I don't see the point in preparing a $15,000 1.6 FWD car for the drag strip. It's great to jump on the strip and see how your street car holds up, but to dedicate it to that purpose you either have to be specifically wanting to compete against other FWD classes (in which case you should have got a $1k rolling shell early to mid 80s civic (lighter/cheaper etc) and done an engine swap from day one.

What I am saying is it sounds like you've got your car and your goals mixed up. If you want to beat a WRX on the strip, seriously forget working your b16a N/A - it's a waste of money. If you want to achieve similar or better times than a WRX around a track, then $5k worth of extra power isn't going to squat if you just understeer 20kmpw slower than he can take corners beofore losing control.

Swap out the Teins, get something designed for the track. Get adjustable aftermarket suspension components. Get struts and sways. Get decent tyres. Then start adjusting everything until your times minimise. Use the next year of saving up as time to practice driving and improving your times. Then start thinking again about getting a bit more power.

Otherwise, just sell your car and get a WRX :P

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Hang on hang on...

Did somebody say "Stock" wrx!!

I havnt seen one of those in about 7 years...
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    well i see one every weekend.
    mate has one.
    has no intention of modifying it either.
    lol.
    hates loud cars, and bumpy rides.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic RS
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    well i see one every weekend.
    mate has one.
    has no intention of modifying it either.
    lol.
    hates loud cars, and bumpy rides.
    i agree since the newer rexes after 2k arent that big a seller there are less mods going on, dont get me wrong there are truck loads of modded rexs, but not as many as there used to be. remember the pre 2k shape (still reckon it looks the best) 95% probably had something done to them.

i see heaps of the newer ones stock, unless they are all sleepers, tho i dont know anyone who buys a rex to be a sleeper
    |||8|0||0|||5|7||||