Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Revving is so fantastic!!! HAHA….

and plus the sound of vtec...
    i dont mind the sound of the wrx but i love vtec more..

and must iv seen hondas which rev out to 10rpm
    now how mad is that

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Seriously spend this first $5k on better coilovers (sorry to insult your SS setup, but I have them too so consider it an informed piece of advice) stiffer sways and some track dedicated tyres. Do some weight reduction, maybe get a [better] LSD (I presume your transmission has an LSD? - If not, then there are heaps of aftermarket add on LSDs for your tranny!).

If you've got anything left over, get a second hand header from a reputable company, fix up your intake (probably best to just put a high flow filter in the stock box and remove the resonator etc), and patch up any bottle necks in your exhaust ie any pieces of piping that are smaller than the largest part and get a high flow cat.

There really isn't much point putting your $5k straight into headwork etc if your exhaust is bottle necking it and if your car won't even maintain grip around the corners...

If you want a high reving N/A track car. Get it trackable first (ie all the above suggestions), then start planning some major headwork. Check the Toda threads relevant to your engine for some ideas on what can be done. The b16a can be tuned to rev out to 10k rpm safely with aftermarket internals. Just keep in mind stuff always costs more than you think and try to plan ahead.

http://www.rexnet.com.au/forum/index...opic=61362&hl=

i just got sent this link from a mate of mine and what the wrx guys think of hondas..

if anyone has a civic which can beat a wrx can i pm plz

coz i know the guy with the wrx

hahahahahahaaha

breath

hahahahahahahaha
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by marabaan View Post
    http://www.rexnet.com.au/forum/index...opic=61362&hl=

i just got sent this link from a mate of mine and what the wrx guys think of hondas..

if anyone has a civic which can beat a wrx can i pm plz

coz i know the guy with the wrx
    im with the wrx guys on this one sry apart from the comments about teh almighty (lol) vtec, buying a civic and then looking at pouring loads of money into it to get it to keep up with a car thats much better suited for that sort of stuff is pretty pointless... a civic is a more entertaining and involving car to drive and was not designed to compete the cars like the rex. y ruin wat the civic has goin for it by trying to make it into a drag beast? either give it a bit more power and enjoy it for wat it is or dump it imo... i think ur approaching ur modifying in the wrong way by simply trying to be faster than ur friend...

dude the wrx was an example....
    i didn't want to make a Honda into a wrx...
    i have heard that on the track that some worked b20b have engines have been able to keep up and overtake a wrx..

thats all

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    at the end of the day the rexy will beat u and if you get him eventaully by spending 5k he will just go spend 1k and you will be behind again, but just remeber this just wait till he keeps launching and the gearbox will break(common on 4wd) and then he will be up for 3k while ur still just cruzin along, i changed from turbo cars to vtec and y.....................reliabilty!.and canarys

Member Array
    Car:
    MX83 cressida
    hey man

1. weight
    2. air flow
    3. tuning
    4. handling
    5. rubber

i had an eg6 na b16a, it was faster and handelled betta than my dc2r (no lsd though ) anyway, that had a stock jap b16a, when i first got it all it had was a pod and an exhaust tip, pulled a bit ova 100kw atw.

pretty fast, but got far more bang outta a set of 4:1 extractors and well tuned emanage.

the car was only 900kg from factory, so already ur power to weight ratio is fantastic.

big sways and tight sussy will help with ur launch (not to mention handling), plus some sticky tires.
    I had a full whiteline/ koni rig on her, plus some maxxis victra tires, light flywheel and xhd clutch and she flew off the line.

there were a few otha mods too, anyway, dunno bout a rex, but it would comfortably sit next to a ba xr8 (so long as i didn't have any of my "bigger" mates in the passenger seat).

So, yeah, you can get a b16 flyen wit no internal work, wish i had a final dyno # for you, but neva got her back on one!

(i've also heard bout an na b20 (crvtec) crx pulling low 11's down a quarter mile. but that's probably got every internal mod you can think of!
    I'll post vid of it if i can find.)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2
    with ur 5k, Your EK4 can rip the rex for sure man... Dont listen to what the guy say on rexnet. Somebody mention their stock civic can do 14.7 1/4, im sure you can beat him.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    Quote Originally Posted by sub11z View Post
    Somebody mention their stock civic can do 14.7 1/4, im sure you can beat him.
    not to sound critical here but the the only official figure ive seen for a stock ek4 is an 8.7 sec 0-100 and ude be doin a hell of a job to get a 14 sec quarter with a 0-100 like that...

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    zco on the forum.
    14.79 in his ek4.
    only mod is intake.
    now... 14.79, that is highly respectable from practically a next to dead stock standard ek4.