Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    To me there really is no short cut to get more torque out of the S2000, except if you change the final diff ratio. Hence my initial *question marks* over the comment that this could be 'fixed easily'.

As Dreadangel has said, it is about minimising weight as well getting the cars balanced. I have no doubt the S2000 is a better 'downhill' touge battle when tuned. But how much faster is it than the tuned EVO? If you look at the sector times on the Best Motoring Vids quoted here - virtually nothing.

How about uphill then?

I don't know how good a driver WHITEAP1 and his friends are, but to claim "Around black spur With my Fujitsubo exhaust and a Tein Flex kit, My s2000 was quiker than my mates stock Evo 9 and my other mates stock MY04 STI, CONSIDERABLY."

Well I've driven on Blackspur numerous times and I have to say, no one takes their cars near the limits there unless they want to fall off the edge. A simple mistake will cost you your life, as some have found out a few times in that area. Does it ring a bell to some forumers?

Furthermore u are suppose to drive on 1 lane anyway for safety reasons. Since this is a Touge 'sealed off' road battle discussion where more than 1 lane width can be used, in this case it makes the Blackspur experience a bit irrelevant, considering how fast a car can be driven there depends more on the bravery of the driver more than anything else! And how much u cut into the other lanes.

And the EVO9 simply isn't 'considerably' slower than the S2000 (slight modded or not), nor is the EVO6. The STI MY04 isn't as fast on tighter corners as it lacks the electronic 'driver control centre differential (DCCD)' of the MY05 onwards - the tyres on the MY05 are even better although arguably u could change tyres on any cars to make a faster, not to mention the treads left on the cars will have a large impact on times
    Last edited by Omotesando; 21-05-2006 at 03:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Ure right changing the final drive will increase the tourque on an s2k, if fact its as "easy" as paying Kia for the ring and pinion from the front diff of a sportage,about $800 new, the ratios change from 4.10 to 4.65 and its a direct swap. Diffs are made by the same company who make the OEM diffs for the s2k,some mazdas and kia. But just upgrading exhaust and air inake will increase tourque complemented by some tuning. IMO thats "easy" tuning when engine internals remain stock. some may have a differnt OPINION.

I apologise for my word choice, "considerable", it may have been a little too strong. Its simply this, in some sections where the AWDs would need to brake or they would break traction, the S2k would sail through leaving the AWDs behind until they had completed the corner. If there was a reasonable straight after the corner, any advantage i had gained out of the corner was lost. In some of the very tight bits again i would gain a lead. I guess i was trying to get across that it was "considerably evident" perhaps that the S2k had the advantage in handling, even when drivers were swaped. With all three cars fully kitted out, as they are in BMI the same advantages should be evident IMO. Thats just my OPINION. I did not mean to imply that there were minutes in difference between the cars,just that the things that were "easy" for the S2k proved trying for the other cars. Others may not consider that to be a "victory" as such,but considering the power differences i think it is. The S2k out handled the others.

How about uphill??? How about if the WRC cars were there, how about if the
    s2k had 500hp from stock,how about if the MY04 had an 05 diff with a jet engine....Im sorry about the sarcasim but were getting off the topic....again. If the circumstances were different, the outcome may have been too, but they werent. Im talking about a personal experience,where facts are bound to the events taken place. I dont know what an 05 STI could have done and we could go on "what ifs" and "buts" forever. My OPINION is influenced by experience with all three cars and what ive seen on BMI. Yes the sector times are close but its the point seconds that make winners if im not mistaken.

In regards to black spur,we only used one lane especially with so many blind corners,if upon corner exit it was clear, we may have traveled into the other lane depending on the corner,just like any other driver. Im well aware the conditions cannot be replicated from the GAN SAI touge on BMI but they are certainly relative. We were driving "mild" cars in a "mild" fashion (only compared to BMI) where as BMI have full tuned cars and drive hard in extreme conditions with pro drivers.IMO

The thread asked what would happen on a downhill run. I gave my answer from my personal experience, if u feel thats irrelavent thats ure choice. Im not to sure about how many ppl have been in the same situation on a closed circut,or ever will.i can only comment on my experience. Even if u disregard my comments all together,u cant argue with the skill, the cars and the conditions on BMI. End of the day the J's racing S2000 got the better sector time.Going by those proven facts and my "questionable" experience S2000 is a winner for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 Clone, E46 M3
    yup.

go s2000!

Go S2000 !!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    11 pages, how long will this go on for? Can anyone say Useless thread?
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Well, at the end of the day, each car have their pros and cons; and it's down to personal taste/preference in choosing a car.

Besides, I'm sure we've stopped "x vs. y" threads, so...

*closed*