Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Luding View Post
    a setup like this improves nothing in terms of power.
    did u even take out the resonator?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 5th Gen
    ahha na na, thats onli to show the pod, i put a box around it to keeep engine heat out. also removed the resonator out and fed a CAI pipe up the res hole to feed into the pod

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 Prelude
    I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but the difference to the engine's performance was...?
    Last edited by Brash22; 28-11-2006 at 12:48 PM.
    "The sign of a good quote is that it has inverted commas at each end"
    -Shaun Micallef

I had a K&N Typhoon CAI setup in my prelude, the thing really gave a lot more power in the VTEC zone, (5300revs and up), but i thought car had lost a little bit of power in lower revs as the intake setup has longer piping, meaning longer time for the air to get to the intake manifold. The setup costs me about $380 and was worth every cent, especially on nice cool days, the power difference was huge throughout the whole rev range but in hot days low end power drops off a bit. This set up can be used as a short ram or cold air intake setup, but with the cold air intake setup i could not get defected as police could not work out whether the air filter was exposed or not. This mod also added a really nice roar to the car throughout the rev range particularly when VTEC was engaged. Hope this helps.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Luding View Post
    ahha na na, thats onli to show the pod, i put a box around it to keeep engine heat out. also removed the resonator out and fed a CAI pipe up the res hole to feed into the pod
    u went to all that effort and didnt want to spend 80 bucks on a mandrel bent pipe or one intake pipe off ebay???

companies like aem run R&D, uve just stuck a pod on the end of a pipe with R&D but only when used with the factory intake setup.

hrmm
    yeah not too much point in only changing half of the piping of ur intake.

its like putting an axle back muffler onto a stock exhaust system , and expecting to increase exhaust flow.

i do like what urve done with the custom piping tho.

btw, that is one ugly assss pod lolz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 5th Gen
    hey it was my first and only mod and a temporary 1. I'm going to sell the car soon so theres not point spending alot of money on mods.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by CUL8R View Post
    u went to all that effort and didnt want to spend 80 bucks on a mandrel bent pipe or one intake pipe off ebay???

companies like aem run R&D, uve just stuck a pod on the end of a pipe with R&D but only when used with the factory intake setup.
    LOL, Companies like GruppeM also run with the stock arm. They make more power at low, middle and high RPM. Can AEM claim the same?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    thats all well and good.....but i cannot think of a single company making an intake setup that uses the stock arm for the 5th gen prelude

to tell u the truth i dont think there is any...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Not sure if the BB6 has the same engine layout as the BB1/BB4, but Apexi makes an intake for the 4th gen. Part number 508-H002

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    the set up from the guy who posted his pics is actually quite a good one.
    i have had my set up simialr to his. the reason to why using the standard rubber piping is because of the excellent heat resistance to it.
    the main idea was to reduce the obstruction of the BOX, resinator and increase the cold air induction.
    and also if apexi makes one of the best intakes with best preformance etc.. then this set up mimicks it...

this is my set up, i use to only have a straight 3" pipe from existing OEM pipe to filter, but now i have enahnced the set up with a 3" 50 degree bend stainless steel pipe from the OEM pipe to the POD.
    i have also produced a heat shield for heat protections... also my heat shield is protected internally with rubber. All this included a cool air ducting from the front bar as "luding"

ohh by the way, i do believe my improved in power.
    Last edited by dundas; 03-12-2006 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added DYNO run.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    ^^ did you find that the bend help improve response? I prefer keeping the piping as straight as possible.