Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Luxury Accord Euro

Question Why havent Honda released a sports version of the Euro? Type R anyone?

I really think that Honda are missing out on a whole segment of the market with the Euro, my missus and I were talking about this the other day... why don't Honda release a Sports version of the Accord Euro? They could sport the standard Luxury up with a bodykit, sport seats, different displays in the dash - taco speedo etc, maybe some sportier rims.. maybe even lower them a little, I reckon they would sell like hotcakes!

The Euro is a great car as it is, I own a Milano Red 05 Luxury, but if they would just release a sports version they would sell a whole lot of cars to the younger end of the market! What do you guys think? Do you think it will ever happen?

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    There is a type r. It was just not released in Australia .
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Luxury Accord Euro

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    There is a type r. It was just not released in Australia .
    You serious? Why the hell wouldn't they release it in Australia? Got any links to some pics? Doesn't make sense !

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    well...u've got the sports version of euro, which is a spiced up base model...
    but personally i won't think it will be a good idea coz u already got the DC5s and as a company you won't want to see the potential buyers of DC5s switch to euro sport... rather than getting buyers from other car makers...
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn2004 View Post
    You serious? Why the hell wouldn't they release it in Australia? Got any links to some pics? Doesn't make sense !
    lol... Oz has missed out soo many other good cars that are released in Japan but not here... even we do get them, the equipment levels are just downgraded...
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Luxury Accord Euro

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jamchen View Post
    lol... Oz has missed out soo many other good cars that are released in Japan but not here... even we do get them, the equipment levels are just downgraded...
    What do they think we are just all dumb Aussies not worthy of their hotted up beast of cars? They probably reckon that we all sit on the back of Kangaroos and hop everywhere! I mean ffs we arn't fricken convicts anymore!

Yeah I do have the done up base model in the Luxury and yeah it does turn heads, the Milano Red stands out but I would have bought a sports version if it was available when I bought my Euro instead, rather than having to add a bodykit, spoiler etc after sale!

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    The chassis code is CL7 so just run a few different searches through google.

Oh and the cool Spoon CL7:
    http://asia.vtec.net/article/Spoon2/index.html
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn2004 View Post
    What do they think we are just all dumb Aussies not worthy of their hotted up beast of cars? They probably reckon that we all sit on the back of Kangaroos and hop everywhere! I mean ffs we arn't fricken convicts anymore!

Yeah I do have the done up base model in the Luxury and yeah it does turn heads, the Milano Red stands out but I would have bought a sports version if it was available when I bought my Euro instead, rather than having to add a bodykit, spoiler etc after sale!
    there are many other factors you have to consider.. like import tax and others. we see that most of our cars are made in thailand rather than japan, US or europe is because we have FTA with thailand and its cheaper for Honda to import cars from there and to be more competitive with other car makers... and due to the productivity to the thai factory only certain models can be made.
    so yeah, after all, they r company who just trying to maximise profits. so they will do what's best for them...
    and on the other hand, Oz isn't only slow in car line-ups but as well as broadband, fashion etc..lol
    Team Yum Cha Daily

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Luxury Accord Euro

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    The chassis code is CL7 so just run a few different searches through google.

Oh and the cool Spoon CL7:
    http://asia.vtec.net/article/Spoon2/index.html
    Thanks I will look that up!

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Luxury Accord Euro

Exclamation

http://k20a.free.fr/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=210

Now that is what I am talking about !

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    it wouldnt sell in high enough volumes to justify it...this argument has already been run through between Honda Australia and other Honda arms with the Civic Type-R many times.

Member Array
    Car:
    MX-5 SE
    The worst part is that all the cars that are brought in are de-tuned ! ! !