Parker Light Problem

Hi All,

Just seeing if anybody else experienced the problem I've just got.

My parker lights, do not come on when I turn them on. However after about 5-10 minute of driving, they will come on and stay on.

It seems as though you have to turn on the parker lights and wait for it to warm up for 10 minutes before they go on.

Once on, they will stay on and turn off as normal.

No flickering, etc, just have to wait for 5-10 minutes.

Started off with one side and now both sides are affected.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

elim.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    maybe check if you have a fualty fuse?
    could be your light switch stalk.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    i had the same problem but not with parker lights.

try getting a tester and see how much volts are going into the line at initial start up of making the wire live.

if its lower than it should be theres a problem on that line which u might need to get it rewired

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    why would it not have enough current going through? unless the wire has been frayed.
    and only 1 strand is connect.
    but being a em1, it's not that old, so i wouldn't really say the wires are old, and not flowing enough current.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    replace one globe and c if tat works straight off before going into the more complicated diagnosis/tests. sumtimes wit licence plate lights wen they go out u can jus smash the area around it and it will b alrite a couple days/months, dunno if parkers r the same deal jus my 2cents

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    i had 2 light installed on my car which had direct connection to the battrery and a fuse between

1 would light up about 1 minute after the switch was turned on.

found out the current of wire wasnt getting enough when it got to the light bulb...

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    yeah i had the same problem , when u see it off just use the palm of ur hand and smack the tail light and it shoudl go back on.. so this keept happening so i jsut changed the light bulb and it worked like a treat, or maybe u have a dirty connection..

headlight fluid??? :P

Could be a nasty ground wire, dodgey connection or faulty relay (if one is used)

GL

thanks guys for your help, will give your suggestions a go.