Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    yeah good idea. fuel floats on the surface cus its lighter, but as u drive it must swirl around enough to get down near the fuel pick up. It happend to my girl when she had a full tank!

if ur pumps working doing it out the fuel filter would be good, otherwise u gotta do it ghetto style and suck it up through a hose till it gets near ur mouth, quickly block it with ur thumb, put the hose end in the container you wish to use, which is placed on the ground, & let it drain by gravity, or u could get a siphoning (sp?) hose (few dollars), which u pump back and forward till fuel starts coming out.

eitherway u need to have ur container on the ground, with the hose going down to it, so gravity pulls the fuel down the hose, sucking it up from the tank. Also id slowly pull the end of the hose upward, out of the tank so it catches some of the top layer, where the water would be.

thinking about it, if ur pump was working, and you did it by the filter, i dont think it would get any of the top layer while the cars stationary, unless u completly drained the tank. as the fuel pick up is down low.

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    when i read ur post, i was inclined to say u got bad fuel, especially since you filled up 10mins before it happend, and also the tanker was filling up at the same time. My girlfriend had the exact same problem (a tanker was filling the station up at the same time surprise surprise), and in the end it came down to her getting the fuel checked and having water in it. Apparently its not an uncommon problem at all. To check it, drain out some of ur fuel tank, just ask me if u dont know how, and check for water floating on top.

How much fuel did u put in?
    ur saying the pump isnt working anymore, does anyone know if water can possibly seize the pump?

Anyway my bets on bad fuel, its cirtainly not hard to check, and if its all good, you can reuse it.

nope water does not seize up ur fuel pump..

There was this car that had the same problem so we just drained out all the water from the tank.. and worked liek a treat. we undid the fuel line form the fuel filter and jsut started cranking the car adn all that came out was water, btw is it doesnt pump out nothing might be ur fuel pump.. get somebody to crank it and the other person get liek a rubber hammer and smack ur fuel tank.. mabye the fuel pump is faulty.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    NRMA came out and said that there is power going to the dizzy but none comeing out. theres no spark in the cylinders so he said a new dizzy will fix problem.

he told me that could cost a few hundred for a 2nd hand dizzy is this correct??

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    Why replace the dizzy, get it checked properly and replace the faulty part or you can try test it your self http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56224 .You can never tell how good a second hand dizzy is.
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by bal View Post
    NRMA came out and said that there is power going to the dizzy but none comeing out. theres no spark in the cylinders so he said a new dizzy will fix problem.

he told me that could cost a few hundred for a 2nd hand dizzy is this correct??
    didnt u tell us u were getting spark?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    no i hadnt check for a spark i juts called the NRMA as soon as i got back from sydney and he did all that.

thanx to everyone for your help im going to try that DIY edgeauto has sent me and will let you no the outcome.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Aurion v6
    couldnt it be a alternator problem?? :S
    D.T

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    NRMA guy checked alternator battery and said that they were fine the dizzy is ghetting power into it but just isnt giving a spark

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    cool goodluck

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    so mechanic came out to look at car for me and started at the ECU he took the ECU case off and found that there were about 10 hot spots on the board and that there is no power going into or out of the ECU, the main relay or fuel pump which confused him casue he thinks it is the main realy but isnt sure casue the ECU is looks like it shat itself.

what can casue the hotspots on the ECU???

i havent done the DIY main relay fix yet casue the mech said that it looked fine but i will do it anyway just to make sure.