Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Started hearing a slight sucking sound when I let off the throttle. This only happens at night time, in relatively cold weather (I think).

Is it induction noise, I've never heard it in my car before...only started noticing it a month ago. Everything is stock.

What could it be? Dirty filter?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    yes it could be that, when was the last time you changed the air filter?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    At 40000kms, it's 60000kms now
    What do you think?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    i wouldnt worry about it,,,its just air coming through your stock intake,,,do you ever plan to upgrade the filter? if you are just get the K&N drop-in filter and watch the noise increase again...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yeh I am going to change the filter when I next service it in a couple of weeks. Will give you details then :lol:

You'd probably nitoce a sucking noise when you turn off the car. Have a good listen. It's really noticable on the H22a motors.

honda's are know for the induction, and it makes more sense since it was a cold night...
    dont worry about it....
    if u get a pod, itll be even more noisier!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yeh I've heard pods, and it sounds similar but pods are more obvious

poweredbyhonda, what makes you think i have a H22A? it's the gay old B18B :cry: I wish it was a H22A

Driving around with the cover off decreases performance am I correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Xpl05ive

Driving around with the cover off decreases performance am I correct?
    quite correct

the difference becomes more apparent as under bonnet temperatures increase, particularly on hot days in traffic.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    So what about exposed POD filter's that I see so often under people's bonnets? (they don't have partitions)

not only do you does driving around without the airbox makes you lose power, but you leave yourself open to the nasty chance of sucking dirty, bugs and other crap into your engine.
    alot of pod filter installations will not give power, and in actual fact many actual gives u a lose in power. it's better to have some sort of cold air induction set-up done.
    eg AEM, Iceman, Mugen etc....

lol im not sure why people leave pods hanging in the middle of the engine bay... not very practical :P
    フジタエンジニアリング