Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Thanxxx for the tip Yfin... I'll try and just do that...

Aaronng: Its a Skunk 2 Racing Gearknob for the Type R in America... Its basically the same as the Honda one except its weighted at 400ish grams and the gear colouring is red and is Skunk 2 brand... Costed me US$50 + shipping...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum[Z]
    Aaronng: Its a Skunk 2 Racing Gearknob for the Type R in America... Its basically the same as the Honda one except its weighted at 400ish grams and the gear colouring is red and is Skunk 2 brand... Costed me US$50 + shipping...
    Did you buy it off ebay or through a US dealer? I want one too.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

ok to clear up all the questions about the auto euro
    ive got a dc5 auto and its screw... amazing aye.. i was jsut playin around wiht it and just tired to turn it and it came off. its the tiptronic.. so its like gated? so u dont need to push the button on the side like most autos
    the auto dc5 is practically the saem as the euros, it self has a gated auto trans and therefore is a screw type... ie no need for push button

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Did you buy it off ebay or through a US dealer? I want one too.
    Ebay.com

The only problem is when its summer and ur car is heated up the gear knob gets heated up as well and its freakn hot sometimes... But its livable...
    Last edited by Pum[Z]; 14-03-2005 at 05:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro 6sp Mt & 02 CRV
    the accord auto gear does have a push button.
    anyway i tried to take it off and it comes off pretty easy, just unscrew the 2 screws, detach the gear knob and off it comes, but when my momo comes, i have no idea how its gonna fit on since there isnt the holes to screw the screws in..

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Hmmm - i love this:

Would be great to reduce the height of the shifter with my Type R knob. Anyone with these tap and die sets - are they difficult to use? I had never even heard of them.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Looks interesting... Hmm, how can you get the thread pitch to be exactly like the existing one on the gear stick? Mine stands a little tall too.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Looks interesting... Hmm, how can you get the thread pitch to be exactly like the existing one on the gear stick? Mine stands a little tall too.
    don't know- i am presuming with that tool you can adjust the pitch to whatever measurement you want. The bonus with this is - reduced height means reduced throw! I just don't know how much thread is left in the DC5R knob I have. Maybe I can't get it as low as the skunk.

The skunk one definately looks like a taller knob than the DC5R (hmm pondering buying the skunk knob--- is heavier too... $45us... hmmm). Peekay - I think you have both knobs - is the skunk much taller?

Member Array
    Car:
    Acrd, Prld, Crv, Odsy
    I see in the past many ppl ask about how I change my car from auto transmission to look like manual...so let me give some DIY tips:

To change auto transmission to look like manual in a Euro:
    - go get a universal Automatic transmission gear knob: for the manual look I recommend Razo Auto Quick Shift or the Type-R (auto type)
    - make a leather shift boot or you may buy pre-made ones at autobarn put it over your shift boot to the bottom

so instead of pushing a button to change gear (when you have to push), you push the gear knob down (so make sure u get this kind of gear knob)

the result like this:

here's the pic of Razo Automatic Trans Quick Shift:

it's available in silver/black/carbon...I think you can get it at Autobarn or any of your local car mod shop (if they handle razo) or of coz...ebay..

while the type-R i got long time ago from ebay..seems not available anymore now
    Last edited by KUCING; 22-04-2006 at 06:12 AM.
    PAST: Honda Accord 5th gen, Honda CR-V, Honda Accord 6th gen, Honda Prelude, Honda Accord Euro.

PRESENT: Honda Odyssey, Toyota Mark-X.

FUTURE: ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Took my car for service today and i asked them about the Euro Sport gear knob and it's about AUS160. Is that consider expensive? Saw u guys posted and it's about USD55 + delivery....

i've got a S2000 gearknob up for sale.
    its similar to the euro's gear knob in size and shape.
    with red words, 6 speed.

got both a new one and used one, drop me a pm if you're interested.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by achia
    Took my car for service today and i asked them about the Euro Sport gear knob and it's about AUS160. Is that consider expensive? Saw u guys posted and it's about USD55 + delivery....
    It depends. If the one you want is with the red numbers, it is more difficult to find. The one with black numbers is easy.