Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

da9 lowering help

got a set of king lows (30mm) want to get em compressed before i put them in the car but have been told back sits higher so was thinking 50mm front and 60mm back total. can anyone give me any advice got 17's to fit under guards want it low sitting on tyre but not slammed

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra
    Hi, the first thing you have to do is ring up Kings springs tell them what the installed height is from the centre of the rim, Then take measurements front and rear by putting a tape measure on the centre of the rim go up with tape measure and stop where you want your guard to sit, these will be your preffered heights, For example my pedders spring heights were 325mm front,330mm rear, this gave me a slight gap so i reckon you wanna go to arround 315mm front, 310mm rear, which would mean you would have to reset the front down by 10mm and rear by 20mm. All springs in Liverpool will do this but kings springs are a progressive design which might give you problems(spring coils get close together to keep the spring captive), This will cost more money can i ask why you didnt go K-Mac custom, If you really wanna do this its okay but i recommend just leave them it will not be worth all the hassle in drivability problems, defects, and money spent for roughly 10-20mm extra drop. later and good luck.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra
    Hi here is a couple of ideas i thought of: 1- source a set of shocks with lower spring seats from civic Dc2 etc, you will also have to change forks and rear control arms to suit......probably too much hassle . 2- Go to exhaust shop get them to undo your standard spring seats and re-weld them lower (exhaust guys good at welding round stuff) . 3- Buy new shocks to suit.(probably dont want to spend that much). 4-Reset springs (probably same cost as welding and not as good an option). Hope i didnt give you a headache, later.

didnt go kmac cause of the money i payed noting for the car and its only a dirter to me but still want it look good, is it really going to be that bouncy if there chopped or compressed?

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra
    Hi so just to be clear you want to compress your King springs, I think it cost about $160 to compress all 4 springs, re-welding the seats might be cheaper, get prices from exhaust shop to re-weld and spring place to compress, get those measurements from centre of the guard and get back to me, and to answer your question it depends on the condition of your shocks how bouncy it will be, i drove around for ages with just lowered springs, it was okay for me and wasnt that bouncy. The problems i had with standard shocks (and i didnt go as low as you im actually going up a little with my coilovers) is my guards got damaged from the wheel hitting the guard on big bumps, since your going even lower apart from all the other problems you will have is make sure you use straps to hold the springs in otherwise youll be going round a corner and the springs will fall out.....then your wheels will lock.....seen it happen, anyway get those measurements for me and we'll go from there,later.

Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(
    Lowered 4" all round on 18x7.5 inch wheels. no rubbing what so ever, it can be done just need the proper sus mods and removal of inner guard plastic to make some clearence.

BTW if you're really picky about the height may I recomend just saving up for a set of coilovers, if you look throught this sites Traders section you may find some for a quite decent price.
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra
    Quote Originally Posted by LO_N_SXC View Post
    Lowered 4" all round on 18x7.5 inch wheels. no rubbing what so ever, it can be done just need the proper sus mods and removal of inner guard plastic to make some clearence.

BTW if you're really picky about the height may I recomend just saving up for a set of coilovers, if you look throught this sites Traders section you may find some for a quite decent price.
    Hi,i'd like to know your offset and tyre size for refference please.

Member Array
    Car:
    ^^^ Yes no problems but the last time I did this for someone I ended up having copy cat or if you'd like a look a like lol

Wheels were: 18x7.5

Offset: somewhere between +40 or +42????

Tyres: Falken ziex 215/35-R18

ダットサン, Dattosan!

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 honda integra
    Thanks i'll remember that when changing wheels, later.

Pls be careful. If you lower your car too much with stock shocks, it will damage your shocks and reduce the performance of handling.

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Pls be careful. If you lower your car too much with stock shocks, it will damage your shocks and reduce the performance of handling.

if you lower your car by any amount with stock shocks they will be compressed more than usual and wear out more quickly.

i dont know what youre actually referring to when you say 'reduce the performance of handling', but the fact is handling would be improved if you use lowered springs with stock shocks, until the shocks die, at which point it would handle like a sloppy bucket of poo

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_will View Post
    if you lower your car by any amount with stock shocks they will be compressed more than usual and wear out more quickly.

i dont know what youre actually referring to when you say 'reduce the performance of handling', but the fact is handling would be improved if you use lowered springs with stock shocks, until the shocks die, at which point it would handle like a sloppy bucket of poo
    ^^^ yep not only that but they will bottom out heaps and cause damage to other components, I also think he means it will ride like crap coz its true appart from bouncing every where the ride quality will be real bad and you will find your self hiting the roof on every big bump on the road.

preffered way to go on about it is lowered springs with matchign shocks, followed by those ebay coil overs due to the fact that you can change the ride height without changing springs all the time and the ultimate would be full adjustable coilovers, but not many peeps have the $$$ for that so best bet get ya self some lowered springs lets say some progressive rate ones lowered to 3" all round and a set of koni red/yellows would do reall fine, specially if they're tension adjustable, hence the ability to mkae them firm for the track and soft for daily driving!
    ダットサン, Dattosan!