Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seat weights

Seat weights

So I am taking my interior out to change over the carpet and add sound deadening
    And since the seats were out, I thought I would weigh them

The result? 19kg each

How much do fixed race seats weigh?
    And how much for reclinable race seats?

I have DC2R Recaro's

the fixed race seats are gonna be much lighter (even lighter again if you get carbon or carbon kevlar)

I've seen some seats from status/bride/buddyclub of the fixed seat design and you should be looking at about 6-10kg depending on material etc. so you should stand to lose about 20kg minium if you change both seats out :P

The car is a 2 door though and even though the rear seats are very rarely used (and I guess with fixed seats more of a reason not to load the car up )
    I think it's still illegal isn't it?
    And how much would some 2nd hand seats like that go for?
    I can sell my DC2R's for $1500 (someone offered)

hmm... i think if the seats are ADR approved and if you have a mod plate for the new seating configuration you should be ok?

buddyclub seats your looking at about 1k including a seat rail, bride is about 1100 with a rail.. but these are for the fiberglass models. The CF ones are obviously more expensive and youll save maybe a kilo or 2, for the money fiberglass is the way to go IMO

check out the status seats at their site they have the weight specifications for the different models CF vs. fiberglas vs. carbon kevlar etc.

http://www.statusracing.com/

Are those prices per seat or per pair??

per seat and in american dollars... Status are expensive... but its a good idea to show you the different weights of various designs

ah ok I meant thought the prices you said in your above post?

oh... thats for one seat, if your getting rid of dc2 recaros for aftermarket seats youd want something of at least that quality (price range) or you mayaswell stay with what you got ;P

I might just stay with them actually...
    They look too damn good and I am not really willing to put $1000 on top when I have Recaro's already

Thanks for the help though very much appreciated

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    there r also weight difference between Honda OEM seats.

ie. EG6 seats vs EG5 seats
    oh wrd!

no worries, itd only be 500 on top if you could sell the recaros for 1500... but yea honestly, I'd stick with em, I'd love dc2r ecaros in my car... aside from teh weight i bet they feel great

Yeah they feel awesome
    The only issues I have with them is that mechanics keep sitting on the side bolster which is already starting to stuff up and they piss me off!