was a DC4...
    what happened to the 9k redline

what's with all the new honda's decreasin the redline:
    2004 S2k
    DC5 type-R :?

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    Only the States get the 2.2 litres, what is offered is a lowered redline, 15% or so more torque and same horsepower. All else remains 2.0 litres (IE - Japan, Euro Markets) at this stage. Honda US made the F22c for those "no torque" complainers while Japan remains the true hardcore with the F20c in another year of production. Honda AU has yet to show it's path, but it's possible it could take either direction, we'd just have to wait and see at this stage.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    how about the gearbox, is it still going to retain the gearing from the current model or is it going to be revised like the one coming to the states?

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    Don't exactly understand what you're asking but in a nutshell, the difference between the F20c and F22c gearbox is described.

Gear ratios between both gearboxes are different due to the different displacement.

F22c spots a stronger/reinforced gearbox design over the F20c, a good indication that revision on the gearbox has been useful and feasible.

Driving/shift feel is the same for both F20c and F22c, characteristics of - Short gear change, sharp, crisp and accurate response. Downside is mis-shifts can easily happen if you aren't used to driving this type of gearboxes. Still the shortest gear change box from factory by any manufacturer on the market as yet.

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    i dont want 1

i want a NSX :x :twisted:
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    honestly.. i think old one is better

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    looks good.

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    Quote Originally Posted by n/a
    honestly.. i think old one is better
    Don't worry, you're not the only one ... The general consensus among S2000 owners worldwide all judge the true S2000 as the 2.0L instead of the 2.2L. Only the US gets the higher displacement variant but lowered redline. 8)

To be honest, the S2000 is an impressive car on paper, and a disappointing one in the flesh...I'd never consider buying one, DC2 ITR is a far better steer IMHO.

DC2 ITR is a far better steer IMHO.
    And you are probably right. The ITR is arguably as close as it gets to a production race-bred car (that Honda offers), even in stock form it is an awesome drive. The S2K is pitched at a different market anyway, and it is RWD.

Quote Originally Posted by vti-2
    DC2 ITR is a far better steer IMHO.
    And you are probably right. The ITR is arguably as close as it gets to a production race-bred car (that Honda offers), even in stock form it is an awesome drive. The S2K is pitched at a different market anyway, and it is RWD.
    True, but you look at the S2000 being a light RWD sportscar with the most hp/litre production engine, beautiful interior, and so on. Then you can go drive one.

Both the b18c7 and f20c are highly strung engines, but the b-series just seems that much more superior in power delivery and driveablility. And for what it is, the S2000's handling is pretty damn average.

In short: S2000 is a midlife crisis slart machine.

although to each has its opinion on the s2k, well i beg to differs.

the mid-life crisis that unless is driven by some old bloke that i agreed...and the b-series, its one of the most highly mod and with plentiful aftermarket support i see no reason why it is not affordable, quality power delivery and ease driveability - i see eye with you on the b-series (i.e a pocket rocket)

for the s2k in the right hand, is still a class act and embodies the essence of a true honda. IMO