Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not to be an ass, but have you ever driven an S2000 or DC2 ITR for a reasonable distance? Its a classy car, sure, but for what its worth they might as well have thrown a d15 under the bonnet and left if FWD.

its just my opinion mate..and for what you don't know ,you may never know - well something is worth nothing if no ones wants it and i rather not indulge into senseless debate which doesn't have a bottomline..

those of your opinions are noted

cheerios!

ps: also not trying to be an ass, but i'm an ignorant fool and someone pls enligthen me as to which F1/race car is FF made? :roll:

I'll break it down.

S2000 looks awesome on paper, no doubt.

Go drive one.

As for FWD: That was tongue in cheek, because IMHO it fails as being a sportscar...

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    "As" vs "Bs" ... Endless opinions. Even if you have both in your garage, it's still your opinion vs the rest who will never agree with you.

Thats definitely true.

But its nearsighted to worship something never experienced. I wouldn't have a clue about the NSX, closest I've come is about 10m, drove past me in the streets of Hong Kong.

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    Quote Originally Posted by crx2gen
    But its nearsighted to worship something never experienced.
    Words of wisdom indeed, I highly agree with you there. Unfortunately, the net is flooded with such "nearsights".

Member Array
    Car:
    AP2 S2000/CL9 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by crx2gen
    Not to be an ass, but have you ever driven an S2000 or DC2 ITR for a reasonable distance? Its a classy car, sure, but for what its worth they might as well have thrown a d15 under the bonnet and left if FWD.
    I'm sure eknine has driven one ......And sure it might be an expensive car, but it is well worth every penny.....

Snap Happy! Array
    Car:
    ER34
    How much lower is the F22's redline?
    ClubITR.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by revolution
    I'm sure eknine has driven one ......And sure it might be an expensive car, but it is well worth every penny.....
    You sure its worth every penny? ~$80k for a car that isn't exactly responsive and exciting to drive doesn't exactly sound like value to me.

as i have said before, to each his own

and your opinion is noted

back to topic, period

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    F20c - Redline 9200RPMs
    F22c - Redline 8200RPMs

While that comment above CRX2GEN, I have to beg to differ. It's really just a hearsay or lack of exposure comment, much like this thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewto...6&start=30. You just haven't see how a real S2000 should perform/be driven. Yes, a Type R is good (Which you seem to draw a comparison between from your previous comments) but it certainly isn't the peak of Honda's performance production attributes.

One very important thing about forum discussions is not to "slap/slander" with your believes. I'm sure everyone has their own reserves on what's good with what you can afford, and what's up there and what's not. No matter how much you want to discuss, this clearly is opinion based above anything else. I cannot see how you can justify/substantiate with facts that the S2K only looks impressive on paper but cannot perform.

There are still a few cars up the Honda line-up that outperforms Type Rs with ease. You may complain about the pricetag, you may say it's not good enough because you think it performs poorer to another model. But until you have owned them all, a comparisons stays same. Your opinion vs someone else is never going to end. I truely see no further point to argue a thread that's 100% opinion based with groundless facts.

Slander? Not likely. And in print form, its libel in any case.

I have seen how a real S2000 should be driven. And I've conversed with said drivers, who felt that it wasn't all it could be. I've done about 1500kms in an S2000 which isn't an ownership experience, but I got a fair bit of understanding how the car performs. Having also driven a DC2 ITR, I'd say it's damn close to a car twice the price, and feels stronger out of a corner, despite producing less power and being FWD. Yeah, the S2000 is better looking, better equipped, and a convertible. I'm only arguing from a sportscar point of view, period.

Don't get me wrong, I had some fun in the S2000, but as far as RWD sports cars go, its definitely not the best performer I've had the oppurtunity to steer recently, nor the worst (BMW Z3 anyone?) Just personally, I'd buy a 350z (haven't driven a roadster, just the hardtop) over the S2000, despite the fact I have zero affinity with Nissans. Its a car that puts its power down very well, and has bucketloads of in gear torque...albeit let down by a rather average interior in both design and quality, apart from the seats.

I cannot see how you can justify/substantiate with facts that the S2K only looks impressive on paper but cannot perform.
    I didn't bother to go back and check, but that isn't the exact impression I was trying to give - the S2000 does perform, indeed. However, it is a far more substantial car on paper than in the flesh, which lead to disappointment on my behalf. And that, once again, is my personal opinion. Everyone's is different.

But until you have owned them all, a comparisons stays same
    Thats highly unrealistic, there would be few people if any on this forum who could afford to own them all - we have to settle for test drives, to form a basis of an opinion. I'm not some sheep who will read what's written in the latest magazine and take that as my opinion, because until I experience it for myself, I really don't know. That said, I'm relatively sure the NSX would outperform either an S2000 or ITR, but I've never even sat in one so I couldn't form an opinion about the ride, the engine's strengths/weaknesses, the build quality, and I wont.

I truely see no further point to argue a thread that's 100% opinion based with groundless facts.
    As a result of all that, I find this statement a bit of mystery...You're calling my opinion one of lesser value than anyone elses, interesting concept but not exactly sound. I'm not trying to make someone feel worse about the S2000, I'm just putting forward my views and experiences from driving one. I hope you yourself a not being a little one-eyed, but to be honest, if you're happy with what you drive, what does the opinion (valueless, remember) of someone you'll most likely never meet, even matter? As long as you are enjoying it, thats all that matters.