Coolant + oil mixing options ?

Hi guys, well basically my gsi integra engine is mixing oil and coolant together so the usual milky colour is showing, i dont know whether its a blown headgasket or some valve seals are gone, what id like to know is how much i am looking at fixing the engine as i dont have much money for a conversion, or rebuilding the engine, and if any cheap mechanics can do the job ?

thanks

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    head gasket

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    head gasket for sure. Do it yourself not that hard

i am located in sydney, how much would i be looking at for a headgasket? should i get a thicker one to bump the compression up a bit more ? does anyone know how much labour + parts mechanics usually charge ? thanks for the your help so far

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you might not get change from 1k

you will need head machining or repaired if its warped, and a VRS kit, then labour.

thicker head gasket decreases CR
    thinner head gasket increases CR

fair enough thanks for that so it be about 1-1.5k just for the headgasket from a mechanic, what about if i was to go down the ls vtec path ? would it be worth doing, or be too expensive and just get a b18c instead

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    set a budget, and don't go beyond that budget if you plan to do a conversion.
    PM hondatechy
    he'll help you heaps, and will do the job at a very reasonable price!
    lol, i use him all the time.
    =)

can anyone recommend a reasonably price mechanic that wont take long to do the job ?