Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    because it wont blow your ecu, where as with other cars you will fry PCM's or the ECM ect. very common on magna and delco, bosh systems to burn out a ecu from voltage spike.

when you turn on the head lights before you remove the jumper leads the altenator of the flat car wont spike as much as the load is higher. maybe its an old myth but I havnt fired a honda ecu in 13 years of doing that way.

if it was my car that was the donor car, I wouldnt have my engine running. doesnt hurt to let them crank their car while yours isnt running. just dont let them crank forever.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasakani View Post
    Can you tell me why this works well with Hondas, and maybe not so well with other makes?
    How would you do it with other makes? because, you might not be able to find a Honda doner for a dead Honda.

Sorry, car noob here.
    It also fries the ECU on the older Saabs.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    Hey guys this is a URL from my brothers website with a funny way of jump starting :P

http://chicaneculture.com/2009/12/30...les-or-clutch/
    Last edited by pieee; 24-02-2010 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Forgot to write where its from etc etc
    VROOOM! VROOOM!