Love my Comptech Icebox!-S2000

Hey guys

Just bit of info about the comptech hopefully this may help some ppl in deciding which intake to get for the s2000 (the problem I had when I was looking around)

The kit was purchased from JDM concept for $630

Took me around 3-4hrs (actually took the whole day as I had lots of ciggie breaks and meals in between)

Unfortunately I didnt take pics as I was installing it which wouldve been more helpful

I fitted the intake about a month ago now and pretty happy with it.
    It is only slightly louder than stock (with lid on) and much louder in vtec- loud enough to cover the stereo sound

Personally though I still like the very deep sound of stock without lid better but I cant stand the powerloss it causes

Power seems improved in midrange with the comtec but couldve been my imagination

Takes time playing around with it to fit the box perfectly, and did not follow some of the instructions cos i dont think itll turn out very well if I had followed the instructions exactly as it says.

Apparently comptech emailed me and said they redesigned the icebox again and fits fairly well in the end
    I didnt need to grind the hood prop plastic end (due to redesigned carbon top) and it doesnt hit the bonnet when closed like the older ones does.

Few issues I came across:

Solenoid valve sits loose when I relocated it according to comptech and luckily again I had spare washer to solve this problem (supplied bolt doesnt go deep enough to tighten the solenoid valve onto the vacuum tank

There are 2 holes to mount the comptech bracket- I had to use the bottom hole (not the top one that comptech says to do) the box fits better with the bottom hole and when using the top hole it may hit the bonnet- lucky I had spare nut to fit it to the bottom hole

The box still doesnt line up properly with the existing holes in the car, so I only managed to put on 3 out of 4 bolts for the box and still needed to flex the box around to fit the 3 bolts

There is a black plastic hose under the comptech box when installed (I believe its AC hose?) - the manual says to push the box down hard as to flatten the hose so the box doesnt sit too high and hit the bonnet- this didnt work very well so I ended up breaking one of the plastic clip that holds the hose and move the hose under the bracket so the hose is completely out of the way

And last is some double sided tape to stick on the edges to prevent rattle as the carbon top rubs against the metal when car is in motion:

Engine bay shot (crappy pic)

Please someone give me PQ point so I can use the classifieds

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    put this review in the DIY thread!
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by zerospel View Post
    Please someone give me PQ point so I can use the classifieds
    that depends on what your selling
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Thanks guys

What I wrote might look useless without pics but if you are actually installing a comptech intake with comptech instruction, Im sure this will help when you come across the problems I mentioned above

Im happy to answer Qs if you are installing the comptech intake