Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The writer must have low standards. Haha. I'd say it's about 2/3 the usable space of my 04 boot! You can only fit 1 medium suitcase in the boot. The large suitcases designed to hold 30kg won't fit. The rear suspension takes up all the room. And the floor is shallow, so you can't stand small suitcases on their side.
    Last edited by aaronng; 29-11-2006 at 09:47 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Hmm, just read that review, and it's worrying especially since they claim that the cruise control is "laser-guided".

Officially, the IS250 has 378L of boot volume, while the 06 Euro has 418L. But boot space is more useful when it is at the boot floor, rather than at the top. And the IS250's intrusive suspension leaves most of that 378L at the top of the boot space.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    Yea its true the IS250 is a very small car, the 06 Civic is bigger inside and out. But I love the design of the car anyway and its going to be my next car unless something cooler comes out, which I doubt. So far only the Euro Luxury and the IS250 fits what I want but the Euro is a bit similar to Civic.

About the Legend, those comparisons with the European cars is bad because the Legend's $70k includes all the options you could want, but a $93k BMW 5 series would have close to nothing fitted. Knowing the price of BMW options even a 525 would be close to double the Legends price. Is that how much a badge is worth?

I dont see whats so good about the BMW badge anyway, it just says waste of money to me.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    jap cars hav always been cheaper than euros. its all to do with reputation and badge snobbery really coz although bimmers, mercs etc are great cars noone can argue that theyre not overpriced... if u stuck a merc badge on a legend they cood prob move it for $100k plus.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    jap cars hav always been cheaper than euros. its all to do with reputation and badge snobbery really coz although bimmers, mercs etc are great cars noone can argue that theyre not overpriced... if u stuck a merc badge on a legend they cood prob move it for $100k plus.
    That's the perception here. But in the US, the TSX is about US$3000 cheaper than a BMW 325i. Over there, japanese cars that have luxury are not excluded from luxury segment. It's all about snobbery here.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    Yea doesnt Lexus sell more cars than BMW and Benz in America?? Americans are stupid in some areas but at least they seem to buy cars based on its merit rather than on its badge.BMW is way overpriced and overrated in Australia.

The thing is, if BMW was priced similarly to say Honda here, I think a lot of the BMW drivers now wouldnt even want BMW then. They'd go for the premium priced option instead.

In relative terms, Euro luxury is really a bargain in Australia!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMVTEC View Post
    Yea doesnt Lexus sell more cars than BMW and Benz in America?? Americans are stupid in some areas but at least they seem to buy cars based on its merit rather than on its badge.BMW is way overpriced and overrated in Australia.

The thing is, if BMW was priced similarly to say Honda here, I think a lot of the BMW drivers now wouldnt even want BMW then. They'd go for the premium priced option instead.

In relative terms, Euro luxury is really a bargain in Australia!
    ^^ LOL, can't believe I'm saying this, but good post IAMVTEC

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Welll what I heard was that BMW have been taking advantage of their own badge and producing lesser quality cars with a 20% "badge surcharge" and hope that buyers dont notice.

Which seems about right, I mean look at the current 3 Series, nothing special really...
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    honda only expect each dealer to sell one a month...

we have sold around 7 so far but we always have been a strong legend dealer
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    ^^ LOL, can't believe I'm saying this, but good post IAMVTEC
    May I have a reputation point for it please? The red box is currently very ugly.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    yeah but you earned the red box

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Welll what I heard was that BMW have been taking advantage of their own badge and producing lesser quality cars with a 20% "badge surcharge" and hope that buyers dont notice.

Which seems about right, I mean look at the current 3 Series, nothing special really...
    Not really, the 3 is good for what it is, except for looks. The quality of materials and build is still better than the Euro. Pity about the looks.

Instead, the new 335ci looks SUPER HOT. Saw one on the road and I like.