Thread: Speakers

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz

Speakers

I was just wondering what size the front two speakers are (4" or 6"). Are they easy to remove and replace? Also, does anyone know how many watt speakers they are? Mine is a 2003 model Jazz.

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    They are 6". Not hard to remove & replace - you just need to remove the door trims. From memory they're about 40W max...so I'd say around 10w?

You can find instructions on how to remove the trims here: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/dead.htm

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Jazz VTI-S
    so the front is 6"

what about the rear

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2 Honda
    Both front and rear speakers are the same size...

:: EG B18C :: OTO Krew ::

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by ahcash View Post
    They are 6". Not hard to remove & replace - you just need to remove the door trims. From memory they're about 40W max...so I'd say around 10w?

You can find instructions on how to remove the trims here: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/dead.htm
    Thanks!

The cardboard speakers are mounted in a custom clip so any aftermarkets need to be mounted on spacers. The connector is also proprietary so just cut it and connect the wires directly to any other real speakers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by vividjazz View Post
    The cardboard speakers are mounted in a custom clip so any aftermarkets need to be mounted on spacers. The connector is also proprietary so just cut it and connect the wires directly to any other real speakers.
    Thanks, Iam thinking of changing them in a couple of months time. Probably get Sony or Kenwood ones.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    I just fitted Dynamat on my Jazz, best money I spend.
    I highly recommand Dynamat as the speaker sound seems to goto the door and create a lot of interference.

The factory head units built in amplifier is very underpowered compared to any aftermarket head unit and aftermarket head units are underpowered compared to external amps. If your going to use the factory head unit you need speakers that don't need much power to drive them. A diffusor behind the speaker reduces backwave distortion and soundproofing such as dynamat really increases midbass as lining the door inside and out creates an accoustic chamber. The doors are otherwise tin cans.
    Last edited by vividjazz; 06-01-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Jazz VTI-S
    will 6 1/2" fit?

yes but be wary of depth. Even with the biggest spacers you can fit the speakers can only be about 67mm deep if you still want to be able to wind down the windows.