Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pistons

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7 ACCORD TURBO VTEC

pistons

hi i need oversized (20 thou) pistons and rods for a f22b vtec turbo, to handle bout 25 psi boost if anyone can help that would be great, although i would prefer to buy of a shelf (but i dont think that will be possable,) i will get them custom made if i have to....Thanks guys
    im here for a good time not a long time

Member Array
    Do you mind shipping? If not get some SRP, JE, or CP. There are about 20 other companies you can get pistons from too. See my sig for the links to some, or go to the bigger list to see more. It's 3:30 am here so I am to tired to type links.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    asking for them to hold a psi rating is completely arbitrary. 25 psi will vary a lot depending on turbo selection. What kind of power are you after?

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by moreboost View Post
    hi i need oversized (20 thou) pistons and rods for a f22b vtec turbo, to handle bout 25 psi boost if anyone can help that would be great, although i would prefer to buy of a shelf (but i dont think that will be possable,) i will get them custom made if i have to....Thanks guys
    Use a Mahle piston. (The piston you want is a shelf item)
    If you use the pistons from any other manufacturer, you will need to resleave the block. Don't get talked into this unless that's what you want.
    PM me if you get stuck & need a set.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    SRP, CP, and JE have the same size on their shelf, as long as it's not back ordered. Thus why I suggested it. I am sure you can get these down there too. Mahle is a good piston too. Also .020" won't need to be sleeved, IDK where you got that idea. I wouldn't go with an .080" on stock sleeves, maybe even a .040" is pushing it. I ran just fine on .020" pistons on stock sleeves and I know many who are doing just fine too.

JE

CP

Mahle on Summit
    Last edited by Slow96GSR; 01-12-2006 at 09:06 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7 ACCORD TURBO VTEC
    thanks guys, i guess i was i bit vage in my discription, i got a 95 F22B vtec, 3'' exaust, t28 turbo(current, but changing to a t3) custom inlet manifold with a 78 mm throttle body im looking for anywhere over 200bhp, and yes i wanted to bore it, do valves,and a block brace, and whatever else i have time to do when i pull my engine out
    Last edited by moreboost; 02-12-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    why bother building the internals for only 200bhp?

Member Array
    Why do the block guard, Just sleeve it. If you look here and it pretty much tells you what I think of block guards. It does come down to price and if anyone can do sleeving there. Also sleeves do allow for better cooling and more PSI from a boost kit. Also most people don't put the guards in right, they're spoused to go in 1/4" down from the top of the blocks deck and this allows for better cooling and the coolant to flow better.

From other sites:

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...46#post1081046
    "they reinforce the sleeve. Its basically a metal gasket that is pressed into the coolant jackets at the top of an open deck block. I'd personally never use one because they cause hot spots and allow the cylinder walls to egg. They cause hot spots because with the block guard in place, there is a resistance to coolant flow causing the cylinder walls to get hotter which means its easier for them to warp. And its only the top of the cylinder wall that is reinforced."

http://www.thezcr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15328
    "sleeving is better, block gard have been known to restict coolant flow.

you could "Post" the block."

and

"ive heard nothing but bad things from blockguard
    heard cases of blown headgaskets, crackin cylnder walls beneath,
    overheating and etc.
    no expeirence personaly tho.."

and

"Closed deck is really the ultimate and some block guards don't restrict coolant flow, but don't allow coolant to cool the top of the cylinder walls....where cooling is needed the most. It all really depends on the how much the guard contacts the cylinders water jacket."

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7 ACCORD TURBO VTEC
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    why bother building the internals for only 200bhp?
    no i dont want ONLY 2oobhp i want OVER that i dont know the potential of this motor as ive not seen it done, im acually hoping for 400-500bhp or even more i was just asking the question for anywhre over 200.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by poid View Post
    not the case with the F22's, they have cast iron sleeves (not FRM) and so dont need to be resleeved with aftermarket pistons.
    Sorry, my bad... I read H22 at a glance.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    I know this is completly and utterly off topic, but when i click on your name TODA AU, it dosnt allow me the option of sending you a message, where everyone else is fine, is this problem normal?
    Maby you can just PM me?, i'd be so very thankful. i am just wanting to know, in your bang for buck thread for the civic/crx, u recomend a sleved block for a race engine. I am currently making plans for a track only engine, and am considering sleving the block. What are the advantages of sleving the block, how necisarry is it? does it make the engine more reliable? what problems can arise from not sleving the block for a race b18c?.
    its quite a bit of extra money ill be looking at, and im not to sure where the benifits are, please help me!

thanks, id greatly value your responce!
    Murrray

Edit: Saxman and slow96gsr, feel free to also offer me your opionions via PM reguarding sleaving a built NA b18c race engine, as i greatly value both of your experiance too!
    Last edited by Muzz; 13-12-2006 at 03:15 PM.

Member Array
    Read through a few of the posts we have made. Here is one more specific on sleeves that is recent... http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56926

I'll find some other info.