Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebuild h22a

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe

Rebuild h22a

just wondering would anyone no:

: how much would a full rebuild "includes all parts" for a prelude 99- vti-r cost?
    : where would be the best place for it to be done,
    : how long would it take.
    : would it save you more petrol when its done.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 Prelude
    Cost is up to you, are you just rebuilding with stock parts, or getting new bits and pieces, pistons, rings, rods, cams, etc?

Time is up to how busy the workshop is, or if you're a preferred customer or not, but I've known professionals to have a race engine built in a couple of days.

Fuel saving is unlikely, because you'd probably drive the thing harder, knowing that it has a little bit more. But I spose it's possible.
    "The sign of a good quote is that it has inverted commas at each end"
    -Shaun Micallef

Member Array
    you can get diff rebuild kits from the states, call up diff places in sydney (inc honda) give them the full list of things to be done and tell them to call you back with a price.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R
    pretty pricey mate...some on prelude australia have jsut done bearings and pistons and it was about 5g. Not cheap my friend. A whole engine rebuild with new crankshaft, cams, valve trains etc will be in excess of 10g.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    if your gonna e spending that kinda money on a rebuild u may aswell get some performance pieces rather than stock.
    i have a friend in the process of building an animal h22, including sleeving i think itll be around the 10k mark

how long would it take? a fair while, i dont know from experiance but it will also depend on the quality of work.

where? dynodave is the biggest name in building hondas, he'll be the ideal man for the job.

save petrol? well maybe with all new parts and a good tune it wouldnt supprise me, but if u drive with a heavy foot itll be the complete opposite

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    engine can be in your car and fully tuned within 2 weeks. as long as all the parts are in stock and ready to go!

hit me up with a pm with what you have planned.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by cuongn

i just noticed that, no offense but its pretty silly to consider if it'll help u save petrol when ur forking out 10g on a 12g car...
    Last edited by mj3610; 07-11-2006 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Quote Originally Posted by cuongn
    just wondering would anyone no:

: how much would a full rebuild "includes all parts" for a prelude 99- vti-r cost?
    : where would be the best place for it to be done,
    : how long would it take.
    1. Is there anything wrong with your motor? for you wanting this rebuild?
    2. 1-2 weeks depening on what you want
    3. If you want to make fuel economy abit better you don't need to rebuild your WHOLE motor. simply recondition your cylinder head and cleaning your injectors will achieve this.

unless your blowing out blue smoke or hearing knocking noises from your motor then you don't require one.

If you want work done give me a pm.

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    go for it! money isnt everything haha
    The Pain Of Discipline Is Far Less Than The Pain Of Regret

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    nahh just that the engine eats alot of petrol and i was wondering if i rebuilt it, would it save more petrol. if a rebulit cost that much, y not buy another engine from japan and put it in, it would be much cheaper, i've lookd in the HPI magazines and i found a h22a for $990, just the engine its self.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Deciding Between DA9 & EF
    The choice is up to you dude,What you want done to your car is your choice,But also take some tips from the boys on here

My 2cents.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by WPN.22R
    engine can be in your car and fully tuned within 2 weeks. as long as all the parts are in stock and ready to go!

hit me up with a pm with what you have planned.
    Thats fairly optimistic with machinists the way they are. I'd be planning on it being double that time. Speaking from experience here.

But if the guy is just looking to reduce fuel costs I'd be taking it to a workshop with a dyno so they can put it on and check out your AFR's. They may be way rich because of a problem somewhere.