Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    Hey my father is doing his monthly Singapour trip so im woundring if i buy a deck over there will it be compatible with the cars here?

Im guessing it obvious that the speakers and amps will, but will the decks? does the radio still work?

i heard you need some adapter or something??? anyone done this!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR250RR
    i brought a deck from hk a few years back, and it worked fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    only thing that might be diff is the radio frequency. some american hu dont pick up radio signals here.

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    yeah they have some different frequencies, thats why JDM OEM radio's dont work over here.

Check the frequency range before you buy it... but yeah the rest of the gear would be easy! get a TV while your at it, they're worth nothing over there.

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    how do i check the freq. and know it will work here?

does anyone recommend a nice deck with some graphic movies that play while you drive, and that has a front loader cd and mp3?(i hate stackers).. something fairly reasonable in price... something pioneer?

i think jvc/kenwood have what your after.... can your dad get anythin else while his over there? lol
    フジタエンジニアリング

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    If you are buying it from the US, get a brand like Rockford Fosgate or Boston.

Don't waste money on Jap stereos components......they don't cut it when it comes to SQ
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode

Don't waste money on Jap stereos components......they don't cut it when it comes to SQ
    older naks, some of the eclipse heads? some of the naks aren't the most reliable, but sq is as good as pretty much anything imho
    Intentionally Left Blank

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Any decks/hu from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, HongKong will work fine here in terms of the radio reception.

So which hu u getting??

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Yeah Nakamichi kicks ass over RF's units! But boston make an awesome subwoofer! :P Got my boston pro 12 sittin under my bed waiting to go in! But on the topic it should work fine, i cant remember what sing works off but im pretty sure it is the same as here (i guess i could find out from my relatives if you really wanted) otherwise Jaycar sell a FM modulator thing that can make jap headunits etc work here!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode

What does the country the company is from have to do with the SQ? I certianly wouldnt call RF an SQ brand :shock:

But anyway, HU's from the US acn have problems with the AM frequencies havign a different step to aussie stations (i think here we go up in steps of 9, and they use steps of 10). A lot of them have a switch that lets you choose though.

Not sure about HU's from singapore, just find out the maximum and minimum frequency and steps in between frequencies for e deck in singapore and compare it to an aussie sold one

btw, friend has a alpine unit from hk that works fine as well
    フジタエンジニアリング