Car:
    Civic Coupe VTi..

DC5R Vs DC5S

Which is better in overall..?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    R, no ****in doubt!

S is a bit confused about what it really is.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Type R
    type s ( 's' stands for soft!) no lsd, no recaros, no momo! dc5r is definitely better , but both not as good as a dc2r

depends on what you want out of a car i guess. R is more racy, S is (yep softer) and more cruisey.
    R - recaros, rear wing, lsd, lighter
    S - leather seats, sunroof, bigger rims, wider tyres, tad more power.

the S has a bit more power but is also a bit heavier. i think someone said that the suspension geometry in the facelift version is better than the pre-face lift, but don't quote me on that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    R cause of the above reasons.

and did you search this at all, or just make a new thread..... as this topic has been cover ALOT of times before... and in ALOT of depth.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    dc5r for racing/performance and dc5s for looks/style

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by fuze View Post
    Which is better in overall..?
    Better in what way?

There are Pros and Cons with everything.
    Deano.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Coupe VTi..
    well, the reason for asking is that i have a DC5R and i wanted to know whats the difference between the both cars.. getting other people's thoughts on the both cars is the best way..

what i dont get is that, how the hell does the type S can get 7kw more..? i know its not much but it still bothers me when people bring it up and say that the type S is better then the type R, its even got more power..

is it the exhaust system..? if soo, if they both changed their header and exhaust system , which would have more power..?

also, which would be best to race on track and streets..?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    what i dont get is that, how the hell does the type S can get 7kw more..? i know its not much but it still bothers me when people bring it up and say that the type S is better then the type R, its even got more power..

is it the exhaust system..? if soo, if they both changed their header and exhaust system , which would have more power..?
    Probably the cams and ECU.
    Track: Type R.
    Street: None.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

well, the reason for asking is that i have a DC5R and i wanted to know whats the difference between the both cars.. getting other people's thoughts on the both cars is the best way..

7kw isn't much. and i doubt you'd even notice if your car produced the DC5S figures. For the track you'd find the more squeezy (less slippery) seats, lighter weight, and LSD more useful.

If you like to cruise get the S.
    If you like to track get the R.

Does the Aus delivered DC5R (type S in other markets) have an LSD? I thought it didn't have one?