Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: DC5R Vs DC5S

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicOnBoost View Post
    The Type S makes an extra 7kw through a slightly larger intake manifold (jdm i am guessing) and slighlt larger exhaust than the Aus Type R. Everything else is the same as the A2 as far as i am aware.
    The Type S intake manifold is the same as JDM DC5-5
    Though the casting quality is inferior to the JDM item, the results on the dyno are identical. (I have a JDM DC5-R intake on my Type S with no gain)

The std type S exhaust is larger than the Type R.
    Hense the type R responds a little better to an exhaust change.

Other changes are to the front suspension.
    JDM DC5-R alloy arms fit directly to the Type S.
    The AUDM Type R uses a smaller ball joint & requires a hub change to use the JDM alloy arms.
    When alloy arms are used, JMD front swaybar can now be used... (OEM & aftermarket)
    Cheers

Adrian
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Tofu, thank you for your productive information, I got more confident to get DC5-S. I will forget about Golf GTI now.

Banned Array
    At Your Local Shopping center picking up 15 year olds!
    Car:
    DC5-S
    Hi,

I have just picked up a type S earlier on this week,

I find that it is much more comfortable smoother and quicker than the type R,

I have given it a squirt up againts one of my friends comming back to sydney on the M4 who was in a Type R & I found that i just kept pulling away from him hands down.

Sorry to dissapiont anyone but thats just the absolute truth.

The facts are that the Type S is a much more luxurious vehicle with more power and smoother power delivery. I also find that the rear looks a little cleaner than the Type R.

What is everyone' else's thoughts on this?

Regards,

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ROFL..

pulling away from a typeR.. if both were stock.. dont think ur gna pull away with an extra 7kw

Quote Originally Posted by Type S Tony View Post
    Hi,

I have just picked up a type S earlier on this week,

I find that it is much more comfortable smoother and quicker than the type R,

I have given it a squirt up againts one of my friends comming back to sydney on the M4 who was in a Type R & I found that i just kept pulling away from him hands down.

Sorry to dissapiont anyone but thats just the absolute truth.

The facts are that the Type S is a much more luxurious vehicle with more power and smoother power delivery. I also find that the rear looks a little cleaner than the Type R.

What is everyone' else's thoughts on this?

Regards,

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Quote Originally Posted by XP02ED View Post
    ROFL..

pulling away from a typeR.. if both were stock.. dont think ur gna pull away with an extra 7kw

Why would you say that?

If you're saying stock to stock, then the Type S would have a better top end due to the bigger intake and better head also the bigger exhaust compared to the AUDM DC5.

Which would undoubtly help in the top end range .

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    maybe so but i dont think it will "pull" away..

it may beat it but it aint gna pull like a turbo car away :S

i aint saying that it wont beat it.. just the term "pull" makes it sound like the S will flog an R

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC5-S
    Look guys, I didnt want to start an argument or anything im just sharing my experiance,Maybe the term "pull" isnt the right word maybe i just should have said "I was going faster than Him"

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Leave him alone. It's not uncommon to think ones car is quicker than it really is.

How much heavier is a Type S anyway? As a fair comparison we should compare power to weight. The extra 7kW could be nullified by an extra 50kgs or so. At the end of the day I think we can all agree that the difference would be so miniscule that it would go either way solely on the driver. We're not talking NSXR vs Si Civic here after all.
    Last edited by m0nty ITR; 09-11-2007 at 01:06 PM.

I think i can put an end to this arguement.

Owning a Type R and Type S at the same time before.
    R had a catback exhaust + (2 x 12" sub in the boot), done about 75000km.
    S was dead stock, spanking new done about 25000km.

We did a couple of runs, rotating drivers. This was about 2 years ago now.

We got these results.
    I was driving the R, 1/4 car length behind the S at the end of 3rd. Switch to 4th and the R came out infront by about 1/2 a car length. Switched to 5th and then to started to slow down. We got the same result for 2 runs.

We then switch cars on the way back and i was driving the S.

At the end of 3rd it was pretty head to head, but the R still came out about at least 1/2 cars length at the end of 4th gear.

Some things to take note of:
    All the runs we did was from a rolling start. 60km/hr in 2nd gear.
    The road was dry and dead straight.
    This is purely from what i've observed that night, there is no bs.

Type S is smoother that the Type R, i have no problems agreeing to that. However, if the arguement that Type S is faster that the type R straight/circuit i will have to disagree.

If you guys take a look at the Wheels Article sometime last year. Where they posted times of 0-200km/h between the DC2R, DC5R and DC5S, you will actually see the top end of the of the DC5R is faster than the DC5S.

just my 2c

And we sold the type S beginning of year :P
    Last edited by dark138; 09-11-2007 at 01:40 PM. Reason: sold the S!

I believe the Type S runs a different Final Drive to that of the AUS DC5R, this will also play a part in countering the extra weight. From my own experience there is next to nothing in it (straight line)

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC5-S
    Look Guys,

It looks like next week Wednesday ill be heading out to WSID with my friend and his Type R,

Ill settle the issue once we get the results and well have to let the time cards do all the talking.

The only point I tried to make here is that if the Type S is a fraction quicker, Is more Luxurious, Is a smoother ride, Is a better looking car & is somewhat easier to drive doesnt that make it all round a better car than the Type R?

The Name of the thread is DC5R "VS" DC5S is it not.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Yes it is... but if you want a luxurious car why would you be an S? or matter a fact an integra? rather a euro?