Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread: DC5R Vs DC5S

^^ Roflmfao!!!
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    Type R is a whole racing package with all you need to drive around corners, straight roads etc. It is the real thing and mods to it can make it easily faster than the Type S.

No doubt, Type S is faster on paper and even as you said u tested it with a fren. Driving skills matters as well. However hard you try to prove your Type S is faster than the Type R, which may be true, the Type S can never be a whole driving package like the Type R. Power to weight ratio is important for Honda. 100kg difference in weight is a big deal. Its like saying putting a B16a1 into an EG and a b16a2 into an EK, the Ek might win, which is very much possible, but the EG6 driver must suck for that to happen. This is similar to your Type S and Type R case.

One more thing, Honda is not designed to be fast on straight lines. The cornering ability etc is what that make a honda one of the best handling cars we ever wanted. Dun believe me, pull over next to a GTR with your Type S and you will understand that you rather trade ur 7kw for a full driving package.

No offence, its jus my opinion. Good luck with the Type S.
    JDM Ek4 Squad Perth..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    Fact is you should get over ur EK4, cos its a POS FWD and its in the worse colour ever released.
    Get a real car then start bragging.

Doesn't the first generation Type R have suspension design problems? And we never got the 2nd revised DC5R version that Japan has?

I was reading lately in a comparison and apparently, the Type S is actually faster on a track than a Type R, because even despite the lack of and LSD on the Type S, it was better balanced at the limit, had less torque steer, etc. Not to mention it is slightly faster (stock vs stock, not one with cat-back and one completey stock - not a valid comparison in my opinion).

The Type R gearing ratios are slightly better for track work though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Who here still has a stock vehicle anyway? The argument is pointless because we all have modified cars anyway. Unless you've really botched your mods we've got better than stock versions of both.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    my dc5r is basically stock, all it had is a power getter cat back which doesn't do much if anything at all...

my type S is stock
    no mods yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by m0nty ITR View Post
    Who here still has a stock vehicle anyway? The argument is pointless because we all have modified cars anyway. Unless you've really botched your mods we've got better than stock versions of both.
    Well there is always a time when people have stock cars I suppose.

Its good to compare stock cars sometimes. If stock it is good, fast and comfortable enough, then many people just leave it as it is.

Obviously Honda's are usually designed to be modded so I do see your point

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    exactly....

why bother comparing stock when practically most people have modified something..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    I sold my euro, and just got myself a dc5 type s...and my gf got a dc5 type r, i love both vehicle.

dv5r vs dc5s, doesnt really matter, as long as we are in the dc5 family!! hahahah!!
    94 Prelude -R.I.P...05 Euro Accord -R.I.P...05 Dc5 Type S-R.I.P...02 Wrx STI-R.I.P...Now 06 Tiburon

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra '06 Type S
    ^EP3 > FN2(aka Jazz/peugeot)
    Im after the Integra (DC5) Type S "Workshop" Service Manuel. help a brother out

Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    You fail at flame bait. Those in FN2s shouldn't throw.... anything.

P.S. Come to Wakefield in your Fat Nugget 2 and we'll show you how crap DC5s are.
    Last edited by T-onedc2; 20-11-2007 at 06:33 PM.

You fail at flame bait. Those in FN2s shouldn't throw.... anything.

P.S. Come to Wakefield in your Fat Nugget 2 and we'll show you how crap DC5s are.
    Sorry mate, my Fat Nugget 2 didn't come with LSD, Brembos, uprated suspension, 24hp extra...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter