Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: DC5R Vs DC5S

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    Does the Aus delivered DC5R (type S in other markets) have an LSD? I thought it didn't have one?
    DC5R is not the Type S in other markets. The DC5S is the Type S.
    The Aus DC5R got LSD but didn't get Brembos.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Coupe VTi..
    so can you install an LSD on the type S..?

Thanks for that Aaron

You learn something new everyday!

fuze - I don't see why not?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by fuze View Post
    Yes, just use the DC5R's.

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by fuze View Post
    just use a DC5r gear box..... but then you might as well have got a R.

seriously... if your that worried about 7kw get a S.

if you change the zorst and intake on a R you'll have the same... if not more power then a S..... but then cause a R is cheaper then a S... you'll be able to get coilovers and some nice wheels to.

then it would S*&T all over a S.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    just use a DC5r gear box..... but then you might as well have got a R.
    You can take a DC5R LSD and put it into a DC5S gearbox. Someone has put in a DC5R LSD into an Euro gearbox because they are all K-series.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    I'd say R for racing & S for sports.
    I first set out to by a second hand DC5R, either over priced or in poor condition. So i settled for a New DC5S. All in all i think there pretty even at the end, plus & minus on both sides.

i'd say their 2 different to be to overall equal, but the S is overpriced, could of been better
    cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    dude... jz b passionate of wot u have, dont bother with those figures... who cares wot other ppl saying abt S is better than R or other way around.

some times i think cars might not needed to b compared with each other but to appearciates their own bits.

cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Ok guys, I would have to be the first one to disagree that the TypeS is soft.
    I have owned a 2002 DC5 auto for 4 years and now I own a TypeS.

All this time I have wanted to buy the DC5R, but after having done my research, i found that the DC5R we get in oz is actually "soft" itself.
    No LSD in the DC5S, big deal. $1000 in the TypeS and you have the same thing. No recaro, to be honest, the recaros on the DC5R does't hold you in that well anyway, most people who actually do serious track work change them for other racing bucket seats....hmm what else, oh yeah, TypeS has sunroof, and no it does't change the rigidity of the car.

The TypeS's K20z1 engine is more similar to the JDM DC5R engine than you think. Where as the K20a2 in the DC5R we have here has softer cams and other internals that are not as performance orientated as the K20z1. What I mean here is the engine in the new TypeS (k20z1) has been upgraded, updated because of the short comings of the k20a2.

Just read up on Clubrsx.com, stock for stock, they can tune more out of the k20z1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    Ok guys, I would have to be the first one to disagree that the TypeS is soft.
    I have owned a 2002 DC5 auto for 4 years and now I own a TypeS.

All this time I have wanted to buy the DC5R, but after having done my research, i found that the DC5R we get in oz is actually "soft" itself.
    No LSD in the DC5S, big deal. $1000 in the TypeS and you have the same thing. No recaro, to be honest, the recaros on the DC5R does't hold you in that well anyway, most people who actually do serious track work change them for other racing bucket seats....hmm what else, oh yeah, TypeS has sunroof, and no it does't change the rigidity of the car.

The TypeS's K20z1 engine is more similar to the JDM DC5R engine than you think. Where as the K20a2 in the DC5R we have here has softer cams and other internals that are not as performance orientated as the K20z1. What I mean here is the engine in the new TypeS (k20z1) has been upgraded, updated because of the short comings of the k20a2.

Just read up on Clubrsx.com, stock for stock, they can tune more out of the k20z1.
    i'm with Tofu on this one. although the type R has its looks and type S is more pointed at its luxury end, the type S engine is better than the type R one

when you say looks, what do you mean by that? the coloured interior? the rear wing? the red badges?