Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DC5R Vs DC5S

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    R = Rough
    S = Soft

Its a matter of personal preference

For a daily driver who drives in a lot of traffic, the Tyre-S would be more suitable.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    looks is down to personal taste
    I never really like the TypeR rear high wing.
    and the coloured interior, well, that's personal taste too.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    R = Rough
    S = Soft

Its a matter of personal preference

For a daily driver who drives in a lot of traffic, the Tyre-S would be more suitable.
    not quite..
    the suspension in the TypeS (talking stock for stock) compared to the TypeR is pretty much similar, the gear ratios are similar too...
    so why is the TypeS easier, better for normal day driving?

It's all placebo effect caused by the Recaros (or lack there of, thinking it's a softer car if it doesn't have one)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Type S has sound deadening under the carpet, Type R doesn't.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    also another interesting point...
    Wheels and Motor magazine have tested both the TypeS and TypeR in stock form...and both magazines have reported that the TypeS is faster than the TypeR in a straight line.

Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    Quote Originally Posted by pung_dc2 View Post
    i'm with Tofu on this one. although the type R has its looks and type S is more pointed at its luxury end, the type S engine is better than the type R one
    Same decision, when I looking for a Type-R. I was disappointed when it is a shadow of the JDM version.

Member Array
    Car:
    99' black DC2
    yep personal prefererence.. but i like both.
    "a car is ONLY as good as its driver."

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 NBP DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    also another interesting point...
    Wheels and Motor magazine have tested both the TypeS and TypeR in stock form...and both magazines have reported that the TypeS is faster than the TypeR in a straight line.
    I heard about that too, but people tend to think type R is the harder because of its TypeR background. unfortunately they screwed it up this time

Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_mon View Post
    I heard about that too, but people tend to think type R is the harder because of its TypeR background. unfortunately they screwed it up this time
    I saw the JDM Type R in best motoring international, absolutely awesome. When I saw what Honda brought out here - I was thinking, what the hell is this, as if they were making a mockery of the buyers in Australia. It felt stripped down compared to it's Japanese cousin.

To me, the DC2R brought out here was the best Integra - so raw and focused on the driver to tame it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    well i used to have a dc5 base model car and just purchased a DC5R about 2 weeks ago. i have to say that im very impressed by the car. really good handling, pritty fast in a straight line. i think they are very under rated cars. drive one before you speake.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    I currently have a dc5 base model and a 2005 TypeS.
    I have driven and sat in many many DC5R and constantly in contact with people who owns the Australian delivered DC5R, and stock for stock, I will still buy the TypeS over the Australian TypeR anyday.

Why? personal reasons and opinion i guess, but maybe you should test drive a TypeS compared to the R and see for yourself.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    i think the two will be identical in a straight line. however around a track it would be a different story. i agree that its not an everyday car, but there aren't many na 4cilynder cars that would keep up with r33 gtst skylines stock for stock