Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reco box ??????

reco box ??????

hi got a really whinney gearbox think 2nd synchro definently on its way. what it worth roughly to rebuild or am i better to replace just got new clutch and flywheel tranny fluid fine.. oh its a da9 just want to get ruff estimate of price and yes i know i can take to mechanic and ask

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    did u try new fluid first and see if it helps?

rekkon jus get a second gear box better
    btw if u find any let me know il buy one too so we get discounts my 4th gear vis is goneeeeskies

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    i think every DA9 experiences this problem.. is your clutch on its way out ??
    make sure you change your thrust/pivot bearing at the same time..

does the sound go away when u push the clutch in ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    how many ks has your gearbox done and could you describe the whining a little more into detail because mine can get a bit whiny when the clutch is in and i assume this is mostly because of the gearbox spinning freely. Also i would recomend redline gear oil before you go out and buy a new gearbox, ive heard many good things about this gear oil helping worn syncros

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like the ISB,

thier is a DIY on this fourm

Member Array
    Car:
    93 B16A DA9 Integra
    ive heard of a few boxes on the da9s goin.
    mine crunches 3rd, 5th and reverse. instead of puttin a new clutch in, im gonna try to get a 2nd hand hydro system put in. i heard it was possible with a cable b16a.
    wat is the ISB?

clutch

yeah goes away i rekon its synchros cause i had the same prob in my sti i just sold but that was also louder and a common problem. the clutch is brand new 2 weeks old and machined fly wheel to

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    did you change the bearings when you changed the clutch ??

hmmm

not sure mate...? hope so, would they make that big difference

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    if getting rid of that noise is a "big difference" then yes

Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(
    Quote Originally Posted by FR33K View Post
    if getting rid of that noise is a "big difference" then yes
    I would doubt its the bearing, you only really hear it if its stuffed when the car is in Neutral and the car is idling and the clutch is released.

Its definately the box, I had the same problem with my old DA9 but it used to crunch in 4th, I was told that the synchros where gone and that they come in sets and can't be purchased individualy, so if 2nd gear synchro is gone, you will have to buy a 1st and 2nd gear synchro set.

I know its a pain specially when they're worth $500 or so, you may as well just get a 2nd hand box from a wrecker, I remember this place in Melb that quoted me $500 or so for a omplete box! then again you could get it rebuilt but its not really worth it, unless you where to drop in DC2R internals into it.

good luck mate!
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572