Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dizzy install

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    how much is a timing gun????
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    $89.95

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    what u should do before u remove the dodgy dizzy is mark it
    mark it on both sides.. one on the dizzy assembly where the top bolts on the head.. the other mark on the head

when u install the new one, try to have it in the same position.. settin the timin with a timing gun is easy. no need to waste ur money going to a mechanic.
    if ur in melb i could even help u out

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    Should be a pretty easy install.

i've never done it but you don't really have to worry about timing or anything because your not moving the cams or anything.

Should be a bolt off bolt on job by the looks of things.
    OK, to clarify why i gave you a neg PQ point for this post, and since you seem to not actually get it (i.e. whinging by PM to me about it):

you DO actually have to "worry about the timing", if you remove and replace the distributor - its position will be changed in relation to the camshaft (and therefore TDC).

the position of the distributor directly controls the ignition timing, not the position of the camshafts.

the advance or retard of the ignition timing is set by moving the distributor: towards the firewall for advance, towards the radiator for retard...

hope this helps
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    lol this is an old thread of mine from last year problem has been fixed since i should have updated the thread sorry. but thanx anyway

cheers.