Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

car stalls after 10 seconds moving

today, took out the AC and changed a battery, then in the afternoon, tried to drive the car , when the car idling , it was fine, but as soon as i put in the gear and move a little bit , 10 seconds later, car started shaking and stalled. The only thing happend i could think of is when i put on the battery, cos the wrting is up side down, i hooked the positive on to negative terminal , then when i hooked the negtive on to positve, i got sparks, then realized got wrong side, swapped over, the car started right up, let it idle 10 or 15 mins, everything seems to be normal. yeah, it is really weird, last time i tried, what i did was, let it idel, was all fine, then put in the reverse , release the cultch and pedal the acceclator is little for 2 seconds then pedal back in and stopped there and wait, 5 seconds later, the car started shaking and stalled, can anyone give me some ideas what could have happend, the ground is fine i checked, and this morning when i drove ,was fine, but that was before i did all that, cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    battery light come on the car?

no, no lights come on, only after the car stalled ,battery light and oil lights come on which is normal

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You checked your fuses?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    thats not good for the cars electricals, you could have damaged the ECU

check the PGMFI ECU for codes.

does the batt light go out after the car starts.

you need to give up more info about your car

what is it, is it auto/manual efi/ carb ect

sorry man, car is a manual EFI, yes the batt light go out after the car starts, basiclly, everything is like normal before i put in the gear try to drive it .I know it is really bad for the electricals : (

hey guys - ive just checked the car.

Starts fine. But idles alittle rough. IF left, the idle will drop off and stall quickly. But , if the car is revved the engine will not stall.

It is giving code 20 (ELD) and its a JDM ecu.

It blew a small 20A fuse in the fuse box ~ horn something....

IMO the ECU is rooted

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Ouch! 12v pimped through the chassis and electrical grounds, I smell a burnt ECU too
    .© ♪

wouldn't the car have troubles maintaing smooth operation under revs if th eECU was rooted.

What i mean is, if the ECU was rooted the car wouldn't be able tosit at 3,000 rpm all day wouldn't it??

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Depends on what part of the ECU is damaged.

There are many pins and many IC sections on the ECU chip, part of the F/A mapping memory could have been toasted for instance.
    .© ♪

yeh true.

How can you tell for certain?? Just swap out the ecu i guess yeh?

thanks guys for the replies, so apart from ECU, any other possibilities, chers