Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    If I wanted to replace my headlights and driver lights (the ones at the bottom of the front bar) with those superwhite bulbs, what brand should I be looking for? and where should I buy from (eg. which shop, or website).

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    any auto parts dealer has them they range from 20buxs-200 buxs
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpl05ive
    If I wanted to replace my headlights and driver lights (the ones at the bottom of the front bar) with those superwhite bulbs, what brand should I be looking for? and where should I buy from (eg. which shop, or website).
    Philips "Blue Vision" bulbs. Rrp $69.95 or so, and come with bonus free little parker wedge bulbs (the bottom lights). Not the superwhite but very bright and clear. You'll want the HB4 (9006 lowbeams, 9005 hi's) globes. I got mine from Autobarn in Chatswood. Not the ricey white or blue colour, looks very clear and sharp at night, and apparently they last for a hell of a long time... few yrs?

either that or go to Autojoy in castle hill or parra and grab a set of the PIAA superwhite or white ones, although u'll pay quite a premium at $13X.XX..... i hear they're good too... oh yeah, and also the Polarg ones. hope that helps.
    also, if u get those, u'll have to spend more on the parkers, and unless u get the same brand and colour for the parkers, ur lights will look a little bit out of sorts when both on at nite...
    jon

if you want some extra brightness, get hb3's for your low beams and cut them down to fit in. it only takes a few minutes to do the job, and they seem to give out a bit more light.

i use the narva arctic blue lamps (they aren't really blue), no coimplaints.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    if you want some extra brightness, get hb3's for your low beams and cut them down to fit in. it only takes a few minutes to do the job, and they seem to give out a bit more light.

i use the narva arctic blue lamps (they aren't really blue), no coimplaints.
    hey slim are the HB3's the 9006 hi beams?

http://www.eur.lighting.philips.com/...ion_types.html

u use them as ur low beams?

nah... 9005 = hb3 = high beams, 9006 = hb4 low beams.

but, i modified the hb3 bulbs i bought to fit into the hb4 sockets. the reason being, that 9005 bulbs do not have the painted tips and are higher wattage bulbs. they do seem to give off more light than 9006 bulbs of the same or higher wattage.

my friend's white vti-r has some 80w 9006's, he parked next to me against a wall a while back. i noticed that his lights didn't seem to give out as much light, or as intense a light as my 60w 9005 globes.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    nah... 9005 = hb3 = high beams, 9006 = hb4 low beams.

but, i modified the hb3 bulbs i bought to fit into the hb4 sockets. the reason being, that 9005 bulbs do not have the painted tips and are higher wattage bulbs. they do seem to give off more light than 9006 bulbs of the same or higher wattage.

my friend's white vti-r has some 80w 9006's, he parked next to me against a wall a while back. i noticed that his lights didn't seem to give out as much light, or as intense a light as my 60w 9005 globes.
    yeah sorry, thats what i meant... 9005. cool. well thats another idea to consider. good luck xplosive... let us know what u end up with and how u go with it

i use to use polarg, they arnt bad
    フジタエンジニアリング

Using PolarG too, matches my HIDs quite nicely

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    using Raybrig for my parkers...
    they are quite white..but compared to my friend's hid, they look yellow because his hid is farking blue...

i've seen a few PIAA purple looking light bulbs on skylines and they look just like the HID on BMW, Lexus and Mercs...
    very nice...

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    ok,, i have the same as jons PHILLIPS Blue Vision, by far they are NOT blue, or even WHITE like heck, but they are whiter than ur average. compared to all the nice newer HID systems, and white and blue lights out there, they come far off... but they are still nice for what they are.

slim, i swear ur lights are like greenish or something, or some wierd neon black light cept with a green tinge.

theres a shop on sussex street appearently sells good overseas stuff, silver lights, and appearently are good for nice white lights. forgot what its called or where exactly on sussex in sydney cos jons flogged off with my magazine with the ad in it.

ive heard u can get white lamps from dodgy asian countries for around 20$ all up to the hundreds for jap made ones, so have a good look around man!

good luck!

eric.
    when do we hit vtec?

nah, i changed my ones... don't have the blue ones in anymore.