Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by GIPONU View Post
    Pioneer TS-w306C

Impedence = 4ohms
    nominal power = 400w
    peak power = 1000w
    so is ur H/U got a xover ? and u cant really run the 2 sub from 1ch of that amp coz ur sub is 4 ohms for me i'll hook the 2 sub in parallel so become 2 ohms, but ur Amp i bet cant run 2 ohms in bridge mode, i think the best way is to buy another monoblock Amp just to run ur sub, that will solve the problem

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_NSX View Post
    so is ur H/U got a xover ? and u cant really run the 2 sub from 1ch of that amp coz ur sub is 4 ohms for me i'll hook the 2 sub in parallel so become 2 ohms, but ur Amp i bet cant run 2 ohms in bridge mode, i think the best way is to buy another monoblock Amp just to run ur sub, that will solve the problem
    lmao, ok.. i'll get it later..

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    yeh, i changed the amp to a pioneer GM-6200F. Its instructions tell me everything.. i can run it as monoblock, 2 channel, 3 channel, 4 channel..etc.. and i dont need the Y connecctors now, i'll just keep them now, and sell them later.or use them for future use.. im so broke now..lmao. anyhoo i got a modern speech to write in 9hours about WWI

OS: The guy tried really hard to get me to buy the sony one for some strange reason..lol
    Last edited by GIPONU; 13-12-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    I installed the amp and subs.. When the engine is running, and the door is open so the lights are on and the subs are pumpin.. are the lights ment to dimmer everything time a beat goes off?lol or this some crappy wiring problem?

I'd upgrade the battery ground.

i.e. Install an extra cable (of the same thickness or larger than your amp's ground cable) running from the battery negative to the car chassis.

This should help the dimming issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration
    Well I always thought to PLEASURE your girl was anything sexual.

To PLEASE your girl is anything that costs money.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    are u sure?sounds dangerous..lol will it cause me to get zapped by the car when i touch it? cos that happens when i touch my mums car.. and both cars in the family has no rear earthing wire which tails along the floor..

That tail thingy that hangs off of a lot of cars stops things happening like getting zapped when you touch your door handle etc
    This is often caused by minor wiring faults, and generally would take a lot of searching to find the issue, and so people often solve this problem by installing the 'tail' which treats the symptoms.

That's not what I mean, though. There is an existing black cable coming off your battery's negative terminal. This is a ground cable, just like the one used to ground your amp. To complete an electrical circuit you need a Positive (red) connection, and a Negative, or Ground (black) connection.
    A lot of the time the issue with dimming lights etc on Bass hits is that the standard battery Ground cable is insufficient, and creates a 'bottleneck' in the electrical circuit. Leave the current cable in place if you can, just add an extra one, using the same method as you did/your installer did when grounding the amp.

Stay away from touching the 12V terminal and you're not going to get shocked. Touching the 12v and ground terminals at once is a very bad idea since your BODY will be completing a short circuit...and I'm sure this would ruin your whole day.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration
    Well I always thought to PLEASURE your girl was anything sexual.

To PLEASE your girl is anything that costs money.

After you upgrade your grounds and the light still dimms when the bass hits, its either your battery need to be change (how many years already?) or your alternator is not charging enough.

Put a voltmeter to the battery to get the voltage when the engine is running. Should get about 13-14v.

If that still dont solve the problem, getting a capacitor will.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    ok i shall add an extra ground wire..lol.. yeh my friend told me it could've been the capacitor.. my ground wire off the amp isnt connected to gud a place atm. i'll see if i can find somewhere else for it. which is the 12V? the red one(positive terminal on the battery)?