View Poll Results: Which Is Piggyback ECU is good?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greddy E-manage

7 63.64%
  • Haltech Interceptor

4 36.36%
  • Just get any of them... they are the same..

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    well i have heard of plenty of other ppl and know some who find it difficult to find a tunner who is actually competant at tunning the g-reddy emanage!
    so technically u r correct there is prob nothing wrong with the unit however get the tunners recommendation 1st because it all falls on him.
    at the end of the day you get what you pay for like anything to do with cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo convert View Post
    well i have heard of plenty of other ppl and know some who find it difficult to find a tunner who is actually competant at tunning the g-reddy emanage!
    so technically u r correct there is prob nothing wrong with the unit however get the tunners recommendation 1st because it all falls on him.

Ok, well we'll all go to weqs tuner cos as he said, hes never had a problem with it
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    well, being limited to 150% larger injectors when running a turbo set up kills a lot of potential for growth...
    We arnt talking massive HP. The OP never wanted massive HP. Its like killing osama bin laden with the whole US armed forces, when a little arab kid dressed in a short skirt and knuckle dusters would of done the job.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo convert View Post
    Using an ECU the tuner is comfortable with is always a great option. If not the best option. That said, any tuner worthy of the tag can tune an emanage. The guy who i got to tune mine had NEVER, read NEVER EVER, seen an emanage (i got it when they first came out) let alone tuned one. After trying to talk me into a standalone without sucess, he was VERY impressed at how easy, repsonsive and flexible this unit was. The added bonus is that is passed an EPA test with better then stock performance. Try and get this out of your standalone ECU without 12+hrs on the dyno.

The emanage can be a tad fiddly at time. It has quirks, but picking it up for the same price as an AFC, well u cant beat the value.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by LVNIT View Post
    Care to explain what is exactly wrong with using an e-manage?

Weq has used it previously with fantastic results. I know of plenty of users of the e-manage and have nothing to fault, it has served its purpose perfect.
    well, being limited to 150% larger injectors when running a turbo set up kills a lot of potential for growth...

Member Array
    Car:
    White EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    You missed what I wrote mate

I know of plenty of users of the e-manage and have nothing to fault, it has served its purpose perfect
    No doubt if you wanted to run larger turbo setup and be able to change the setup to something capable of more power, then it would be the wrong choice.
    Euro...?

The lower I go, the more she likes it!

Canberra Test Tag - For all your electrical testing needs

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    I just don't think that an engine management solution that's that limited in what it has to offer can really be considered serving it's purpose though. Yah, it'll work for a low boost set up, but when there's plenty of alternatives available that will work just as well, with much more potential for growth, it doesn't seem like a good alternative to me.

I suppose this also asks the question, why can they not handle injectors larger than 150% successfully? It's certainly not due to an issue with programming or anything else, etc. Likely, it's due to the feedback that occurs when using a piggyback... the ecu makes changes, and due to a much larger injector, the changes are amplified... an inherent issue with using piggybacks. (Worth mentioning that I don't know this is the case... this is a common issue with other piggybacks, and while I presume applies here, I can't say for certain).