Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Quote Originally Posted by UBH320 View Post
    Get the strut bars...it does help...Semi slick tyres should be good on dry but not no wet...aftermarket springs / coilovers

Get cold air intake...Apexi is OK... Header, downpipe, bpipe from Xforce...they quite cheap...
    are u serious with semi slick?
    the jazz will go like an aeroplane inside and i am 99.99% sure no gals will love it

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVTi-S&AccordEuroSport

Thumbs up

Best $ i spend on my jazz are the Rims

not just for looks with the offset a lot wider the car handle so much better and much more easy to turn. a lot better to drive. and no more body roll
    = much faster getting in and out of corners
    = good value.

Thanks for the comments guys. Upgrading to 15" alloys would improve grip by a fair amount I would imagine and I might consider that when it comes time to change tyres. I don't mind spending a lot for tyres but don't want to spend too much on rims, so if anyone upgrades their VTIs rims give me a holler if you want to offload them.

It still begs the question though, with so many people changing wheels, etc. what wheel alignment settings did you use?!?!?!?? I can't find the factory specs anywhere on the net.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    More and more people are paying premiums for stock equipment. All a part of the JDM trend, I guess. What I am getting at is, unless you're a part of that JDM/stock look crew, you could get even lighter aftermarket rims for the same price. Rim weights really do improve steering response and handling in general. I'd pay a lot of attention to the weights of the rims if I were you.

Can't agree with you more on lightweight rims but these are generally expensive and I would have thought some second hand OEM rims would be really cheap considering people are upgrading, etc. Never knew there was a JDM stock trend pushing up prices though!

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVTi-S&AccordEuroSport

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BlackieS2K View Post
    Can't agree with you more on lightweight rims but these are generally expensive and I would have thought some second hand OEM rims would be really cheap considering people are upgrading, etc. Never knew there was a JDM stock trend pushing up prices though!
    lightweight rims is worth it!!! if you not just paying for the Brand... can change the feel of driving... most can be 1/2 the weight of stock rims, which = quicker car = more fuel Econ

Jazz's brake sucks. Got any affordable BBK kits that suit our application?

Sorry but i got some stuff that i m selling in the for sale section......

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR
    Get Spoon Progressive Springs and Dampers. Did wonders for my wife's Jazz. Corners so much better, its lost that "tall" feeling. She's running 16" wheels with 205/45R16 tyres and it handles and corners MUCH better than stock.

Thanks Claymore! Not many non-sports cars are adjustable at the rears so I was expecting that anyway. -1 degree for the rear is fine. Giving the front -1 degree (up from zero) camber would cure the understeer somewhat and hopefully give the car more balance mid-corner. Definitely needs more caster which should give a bit more feel and probably explains why the Jazz steering isn't really willing to self-centre at the moment. Would any wheel alignment place have the smaller pinch bolts or do I need to order them from somewhere else?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Indy Yellow S2000
    hey blackie , make sure you give us an update when you get all this done mate . As im looking forward to see the progress on what a simple wheel alighment can do

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTiS GD3

Not Work Safe Rear Sway Bar - first???

Jason,

I'm stepping in here with both feet firmly in my mouth - It's been a lonnnngg time since I played with handling options on anything, (but I keep getting booked for getting my Jazz a little out of shape so I'm looking for answers too). My pre Honda cars used their doors handles as body roll limit stops (before flush door handles - yeah, yeah, there was such a thing - they did exist). I always thought that fitting sway bars to the rear was the LAST step - fix the front, where much of the weight transfer occurs during cornering and control the sway there first, then look at the rear. Otherwise you just end up lifting inside rear wheels when getting enthusiastic in the bendy bits. Right, now I've got my target shirt on - shoot.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    If your after a big handling improvement, go for an upgraded rear sway bar with heavy duty mounts.

You'll never look back.

After you have your fun with that the tyres should be worn out and ready for you to get new ones