Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    id have dsg over smg anyday... i drove an smg m3 and it felt like crap as does my sisters 147 gta with the selespeed

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenic1981 View Post
    DSG sounds good but I don't know how would it accept extra HP if car is done up, for example adding 40-50hp extra and getting pushed hard, would it handle all that
    we've got +50hp and it handles it fine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    wish i had one
    cars like the golf gti have 147kw stock and there are many chip manufacturers who allow the car to have 180-190kw when their chip is applied and is also approved for use for the dsg box.

so the dsg design may prove to be durable enough for a 220hp engine which is na without the torque of a boosted engine let alone a chipped one at that.

btw this is assuming that honda is applying a similar technology to that of VAG

just my 2c

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by nismohks View Post

just my 2c
    DSG was designed by BorgWarner. So if Honda decides to license it from BorgWarner as well, then it will be a similar design. Which means they will have options that will handle at least 184kW, 320Nm as used in the Golf R32.

I read that Bosch is making their equivalent of DSG as well. Wonder how will they get around patenting issues.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by nismohks View Post
    cars like the golf gti have 147kw stock and there are many chip manufacturers who allow the car to have 180-190kw when their chip is applied and is also approved for use for the dsg box.

so the dsg design may prove to be durable enough for a 220hp engine which is na without the torque of a boosted engine let alone a chipped one at that.

just my 2c
    what you mean by chips?

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    ecu reflashes. we've got on in our gti and it moves it to 188kW and 410nm. theyre pretty common now. dsg is used in a lot more application too, including the bugatti veyron, so we know it has the capacity to handle some power, especially any power a modified civic will make and if ur really concerrned, the uptake on the DSG box by a few manufacturers will result in some aftermarket stuff pretty soon.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R View Post
    what you mean by chips?
    ECU upgrade chips. Their ECU can just be rechipped with custom software to enable some special features. But the main reason is to increase the pressure limit for the wastegate and richen the fuel mixture to compensate so that more power is made.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    thx for the reply.

damn..just by changing the chips you gain that much more power? wow. is it expensive?

anyhow cant wait for the CTR to come out with this. hope its still coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    chips are pretyt effective on turbo cars coz they can wind up the boost. otherwise they change things like ignition timing and fuel deliery.. trying to get the most out of the factory engine which is usually not tuned properly. our was like 2k so bang for ur buck is there