Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    yes dsg is that good.

like everything the germans engineer, it can be a lil bland but its precise and the shifts are scary fast. ur fun comes from using the gears not changing them, as opposed to a manual where a part of the enjoyment is getting that gearshift just right

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Get the gearshift just right? Isn't that a given if you have been driving manual?

While I prefer a manual, that DSG with no lag and being a true manual without a torque convertor should give the driver a serious advantage over a manual.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    duno too much bout the DSG xcept for the two clutches for each odd gears etc.

but how would upgrading clutch and flywheel work on the DSG? do i have to buy 2 clutches? i assume less wear and tear from the clutch? how the box gona adjust to harder clutches...o man technology :S

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R View Post
    duno too much bout the DSG xcept for the two clutches for each odd gears etc.

but how would upgrading clutch and flywheel work on the DSG? do i have to buy 2 clutches? i assume less wear and tear from the clutch? how the box gona adjust to harder clutches...o man technology :S
    The DSG is patented. So you won't be able to buy aftermarket clutches for it. You wouldn't need to replace the clutch anyway since you can't be an idiot and ride the clutch unlike noobs on a manual.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The DSG is patented. So you won't be able to buy aftermarket clutches for it. You wouldn't need to replace the clutch anyway since you can't be an idiot and ride the clutch unlike noobs on a manual.
    lol, so true
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Where were you guys when BMW released the SMGII?!?
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    smg is a manual gearbox with one clutch, not two. theyre pretty rough wen u shift gears at low speeds

Quote Originally Posted by xenfacta View Post
    smg is a manual gearbox with one clutch, not two. theyre pretty rough wen u shift gears at low speeds
    Obviously you missed the " " at the end...

Though a DSG will not downshift as quick as a SMG box though
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNode View Post
    Where were you guys when BMW released the SMGII?!?

Rofl, funny kient =P

obviously they're the same people that think VTEC is the last say in automotive technology
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNode View Post
    Obviously you missed the " " at the end...

Though a DSG will not downshift as quick as a SMG box though
    I think it depends on the software. Depends how aggressive the downshift and throttle blip is. But from the DSG vid, there is almost no lag upshifting, unlike SMG and SMGII

DSG sounds good but I don't know how would it accept extra HP if car is done up, for example adding 40-50hp extra and getting pushed hard, would it handle all that

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenic1981 View Post
    DSG sounds good but I don't know how would it accept extra HP if car is done up, for example adding 40-50hp extra and getting pushed hard, would it handle all that
    Well, if the DSG design can handle the 420hp of the Audi R8, it should be able to handle 40-50hp gain over stock. It's not at the limit like CVT trannys where there is a limit to the torque it can handle before the belts start slipping or snapping.