Member Array
    Car:
    s2000,mdx,integra,nsx,jaz

question about dyno tune

hey guys.. i've a question..

on tuesday my car will be dyno tune..

on the dyno tuning i've been ask.. what is ur maximum Boost? and i ask this to my mechanics.. and he said just said "set to the wastegate".. ok?

ok now "IF" the tune is finish.. it will be set to wastegate right? and if i incrrease the boost using controller.. will i have to dyno change again? or it just follow/change automaticly to the desire boost u chosen?

.. eg. Setting is set for 0.5 bar .. and u increase the boost till 0.7 bar will the setting autochange to 0.7 bar? or i've to dyno again for 0.7 bar?

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    basically, your ecu gets tuned to a certain range...

if your wastegate is set to .5bar when tuned, then the ecu is tuned for anywhere up to .5bar. If you turn the boost up to .7 bar, the ecu won't be able to handle it correctly, as it's only been tuned to .5bar.

If, however, you tune the ecu to .7 bar, you can run .5bar perfectly fine, as it's withing the tuned range.

Basically, the map sensor measure the pressure at any given point in time. This various as much as your rpms vary, etc. There's no setting the ecu to .7 bar or anything like that when changing boost. If you up the boost, the map sensor will see more boost, and the ecu will reference that boost at that given point.

Long story short, if you want to up the boost past where it's tuned to, you'll need to have further tuning done.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    have it tuned on your maximum "safe" level of boost, ur obviously not gonna crank it over the safe level just so u can show up a nissan, that way ull be able to turn it down to street levels along with still have the option to max power