Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array

Speedo dropping out

after servicing my crx yesterday, i took him for a spin and my speedo dropped out. i noticed that it comes back in around 40k's, then drops out at 60. does anyone know what the problem could be/how i could fix it?

im thinking it may be a fuse or i've knocked something when i serviced it

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    make sure the VSS connector is plugged in firmly and if it is, it is more than likely the VSS failing, very comon problem.

Member Array
    the what now hahahahahahaha

where is this VSS connector residing in my engine bay?

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    gen2 or 3?

B or D?

D16A8 & B16A gen1,VSS is in back of cluster with cable driven connection to g/box.

B16,18 hydro box,VSS on top of g/box with wire connection to cluster,look for elec connector on top of g/box below dizzy.

Member Array
    gen 2 d16a8

so its a connector to the gearbox? is it in the engine bay or underneath?

If its the VSS thats faulty its on the top of the box. Probably have to take the intake arm out to work with it properly.

Member Array
    hmm... if it is on top, then i may have bumped itputting my intake pipe back on

Maybe. Sounds like its just a bit loose and the connector isn't in fully.

Dunno what other damage you could do to it. but i have heard of alot of people having to replace them.

Member Array
    hahahaha you'd be surprised at what damage i could do hahahahaahaha

i'll check it when i get home. i hope its not broken.... coz im not keen on replacing it atm

You should be able to pick it up cheap from a wrecker. They won't know what it is.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    if you have an ED9 AUDM D16A8 CRX, its cable driven and the cable could have poped out from the VSS drive on the gearbox, you just have to push it back in.

after reading your post about the intake sounds like you pulled on the cable or someting like that.

Member Array
    for those of us that don't know what the VSS looks like.....is there any chance someone has pic or pinpoint a location for me to try and find it

i've done some searching through the online manuals i have, but none show this part

thanks for the help from those who have posted already