Thread: sub control qns

Member Array
    Car:
    DC/WRX

sub control qns

hey
    i plan to run a 4ch alpine/pioneer amp into my alpine 9852 headunit, i plan to power ch 1 and 2 to my front splits and bridge 3 &4 for my sub, now the problem i face is that since the 9852 has one preout will i be able to use the sub controller off the headunit or hardwire one?..is it even possibe to wire up a subcontroller to a 4 ch amp? what are my options here?
    will i also need splitters in order for the amp to conect to my h/u?..im thinkin yes but jut to make sure and all.
    Life Doesn’t Start Until 9000RPM!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Since you've only got one pre-out something like this might just do the trick.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...=&SUBCATID=669

As to how well it works (it may induce some noise) i'm not too sure since i've never used it, but it does split the single pre-out into a Front and Rear. The rear output would be used for the sub.

You could you normal RCA splitters but then any sub adjustments would have to be made from the amp, also if the amp can't be low passed then you'd get high frequencies (ie vocals) coming through the sub... lol