Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT

Removing Door Trim

has anyone removed their door trim on the euro yet???

like to hear from ppl who have before i take mine apart...

i've got a rattle on the front passenger side door...it's not a common rattle like other owners might have, i'm just unlucky and happened to get a euro with a loose screw in the door or something...

that's what it sounds like, a loose screw rattling around in the passenger door, heard quietly on smooth roads, and worse and rough sh!t roads...

anything i need to know before i take the trim off? what's the difficult parts in taking it off, etc?

i'm assuming putting it back together is a pain in the arse as i experienced with my old car...

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Ive done it on mine, its not hard. Just remove a few plastic covers, remove a few bolts, lift the trim up and out.

Are you sure its coming from the door? Maybe its that common A Pillar rattle where you need to push the rubber trim in on the outside. Or the other common window rattle issue, where you lower the window a tiny bit to stop the rattle

Either way, here's the instructions to remove the door trim:

.© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    yes, puttin the window down a tiny itsy bit gets rid of the rattle...

but i'm not sure if it's the common rattle everyone has...

sounds like something is vibrating/rattling against the glass of the window...

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Ive got the same window rattle on both my front windows intermittently.
    No one seems to know of a fix yet. Maybe a small rubber separator stuck into the top window rubber seating to stop the window from going all the way up leaving a 1mm or two will help.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    hmm...that stinks...

someone should try to capture sound of the rattle...i wonder if it's the same rattle i get?

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    i get a similar rattle on rougher roads and when the musics turned up a little bit :-( Pretty annoying, good to see theres a tutorial on taking the door off maybe i'll get round to sound deadening mine this weekend and finally installing my speakers!
    Bwwwwoooommmp

maybe some reference or acknoweldgement as to where you got that info from eurodude?
    unless you made it yourself of course..then good job!

the rattle might have something to do with the electric window mechanism..

after a while all leccy windows seem to go that way..hence why winding the window down a little stops the vibration cause the mechanism has some tension in it...

mine has the same rattle described here.
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by adammet04 View Post
    maybe some reference or acknoweldgement as to where you got that info from eurodude?
    unless you made it yourself of course..then good job!
    I copied the diagrams from the Euro Workshop Manual and pasted them into one bitmap using PaintBrush and uploaded it. took about 15 minutes lol
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Yesterday i removed my trim and finally got round to sound deadening the passenger door, Rattles all gone now!
    not sure it was the sound deadener that fixed it or just removing the trim and reinstalling!
    Bwwwwoooommmp

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    ^ should have taken photos and made a visual tutorial on how to remove the trim....

wont be getting around to taking my trim off yet...too busy with sh!t atm...

btw, what did u use to sound deaden the door? what product and how much!

Member Array
    Car:
    Ive got some pictures i can upload at a later stage of various stages of the trim off, following the tutorial above is really simple

I used a Bulk pack of dynamat extreme, got it on sale for $230 a while ago now, out of 9 sheets i used about 5 to do the two front doors and the boot
    Bwwwwoooommmp