Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

Neon Install to DC2 Boot (under parcel shelf)

Ok,

This is a rice mod... but i have a pair of subs in my boot and would like to lighten the thing up a bit...

I know that there is a step-by-step article in team-integra.net but I have a few requests.

1. I will be using a neon stick (approx. 40cm) available from most rice stores
    2. I want it to light up when I open my boot ONLY

The only way that I can think of hooking up the neon to the closing/opening of the boot is by that 'Boot open' light in the dash itself...

anyone out there with a better idea?
    1:14.5640 Stock DC2R - Wakefield Park

Take the power from the boot light instead.
    Why bother getting it from the dash? There is both the boot open/closed switch and an actual light in the boot itself. Tap from there for power to your relay or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration
    Well I always thought to PLEASURE your girl was anything sexual.

To PLEASE your girl is anything that costs money.

yup ^^

just cli off the little plastic bit and ull see the festoon bulbs depending on how tidy u want the setup to b run the wires behind the trim and to where u want the neon to sit ... or course u gunna have to chop the cig light off the end.. then u just gotta splice the wires and connect to the pins..(if it dont work then u got the power and ground the wrong way round....

by connecting it to the pins and not removing the wire from the boot light completly it allows u to remove the neon if u wish and still be able to use the boot lgith like it was stock

hope this all helps

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    okay...

maybe Im lost... but I always thought that the rear boot light had only a ON/OFF function... and would stay turned ON whether or not the boot was closed...

am i lost? lol

when its on... it only lights up when the boot is open

yea u are lost... if u unsure put the light onto on then close boot and open the back seats to see if the light is on

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    yea just wire up to ur boot light, i hav this in my car, its a very nice mod to light up ur sub @ night
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Appreciate all your help guys! Thanks a heap