Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Civic No Vtec?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    VTEC is overratted :P

We change our vtec crossover point to 4500rpm. Please don't try to set it there as to our one, we have dyno'ed tested with our mods and its making power there.
    VTEC GTi FTW!!!!!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    I dont know what you were expecting from a low price 1.8L sedan. Its definitely not built for speed.

For its market segment its not slow. The auto ( I havent driven the manual ) is quite a bit faster than a Corolla or a Pulsar.

And if you dont drive any other cars you wont appreciate how fuel efficient it is. Its a medium size car but uses so little fuel even if you drive it like a loon.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I've found that with the 2006 Civic (in auto at least), there's jack all power when you floor it (ie. feels dead)... the only way to feel a surge or anything is to wait until you hit at least 2000rpm (lightly!) and then floor it... the tacho suddenly goes considerably faster from 2000-6800 than it did in the 0-2000rpm range! This isn't based on any actual technical data/science- just something I've noticed in my car.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    take the factory air box resonator box out
    that mite help

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    take the factory air box resonator box out
    that mite help
    ^^^ what he said. i doubt it'll help alot but its a cheap way to get a hard on.

if not anything, you should at the least hear the cross over - but dont expect too much in terms of being thrown back into your seat. vtec is overrated and as what has been mentioned in the past, your vtec, i dont think, will have the same kick as the old school vtec.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by rivergod View Post
    ^^^ what he said. i doubt it'll help alot but its a cheap way to get a hard on.

if not anything, you should at the least hear the cross over - but dont expect too much in terms of being thrown back into your seat. vtec is overrated and as what has been mentioned in the past, your vtec, i dont think, will have the same kick as the old school vtec.
    There is no cross-over in the R18a's i-vtec. Full throttle above 2000rpm = vtec, light throttle at any rpm = no vtec

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    There is no cross-over in the R18a's i-vtec. Full throttle above 2000rpm = vtec, light throttle at any rpm = no vtec
    aaahhh gone are the good old days of waiting for 5600 for the BAAAHHH hehe my vtec sounds like a goat.

i guess the r18's vtec seems to be a logical way of having the power needed when needed but still being fuel friendly... still, no fun.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    I never drove the old school VTECs but I prefer fuel economy to slightly better performance for driving on the streets. Sure its fun to drive faster but as fast as you are you still cant beat traffic or red lights. I see idiots rev up and overtake all the time only to be caught up by me at the next set of lights.

Ive been driving my friends V6 for the past week and it was no fun to fill up 3 times. In my Civic I fill up once a week and thats it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    R18a's engine is designed so you that you don't have to wait for high RPM to get usable torque. It's pretty good that most comparisons to the k20a in the Civic Sport say that the R18a only loses out at higher speed. At low and medium speed, the VTi is similar to the Sport. At $10,000 less than a Sport, the VTi is a great bargain for what you get.

Did I mention that the VTi has dual length intake runners, moly coating on the piston skirts as well as oil jets to cool the pistons?

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    did you not test drive the car before you bought it? did you not at least read up on it?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

What I found out about the new Civic is they named them wrong... it should be:
    1. Civic Vti ==> Civic Vti
    2. Civic VtiL ==> Civic Vti+ (only have some extra compare to the base mod)
    3. Civic Sport ==> Civic VtiL (L for Lux, since no "sport" feelin on this model)

As in Vtec, frankly speaking... I have read it before I buy my car, and when I test drive it... the salesman doenst allow me to try get the car to hit 5000rpm (he got panicked when I hit 4000rpm and ask me to slow down... =p)

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Supra Twin Turbo
    This is hilarious, go team honda!