Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lightbulb How much should i lower it by?

Hey guys!

jus writing to ask for your opinions on dumping my civic. I jus recently got 17's for it and cant decide how much i should lower it by. i plan to use Kmac springs or king springs or sumthing similar. Any brand preferences?

I have been trying to weigh up the pros and cons (looks VS. practicality) and i still cant decide. It is a daily driver and i still want to enjoy driving it without worrying about speed humps and etc.

how much have others lowered their EKs? i have a type-R Lip and am scared of damaging it if lowered too much.

i am currently thinking 2 inches and the front and 1.5 inches at the back. does it sound good? (2 inches at the front since it has a larger wheel gap).

Will it wear out the shocks signicantly if i go lower than 2 inches?

look forward to hearing your advice!

-alex
    Last edited by MrRocafella; 01-05-2007 at 11:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    ( your car looks on lows? already)

If I were you i would get superlows with the 17' wheels because it will still look 4wd stylz if you used lows.

hmm depends i have 16's on my car with lows in it. + a lip kit. and i wish i had of gotten superlows. im happy with my cars heigh but no the gaps between teh arch's

hard to find a decent picture showing the side.

not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    wif correct offset on wheels n tyre selection super lows wud b fine.
    lows is a mild drop retaining practicality
    superlow 4 that extra dumpage look
    yes lowereed springs will wear out stoc`k shoxx much faster
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic
    go 2 inches at the back as well...

trsut me, if you go 1.5 inches at the back, give it 2 months before you're looking at your EK saying to yourself "shit. i shouldve made it 2 inches"

2 inches will just manage tuck the tyres into the guards at the back. i dunno if i like the look... i want it low, but not ridiculiously dumped.

anyone got pics of 2 inches dropped all round?

also, will there be any clamber if i lower 2 inches? i heard there is automatic clamber if lowered too much (due to control arms or sumthing like that) i dun want any clamber as i want my tyres to wear evenly

Member Array
    Car:
    was a honda
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRocafella View Post
    2 inches will just manage tuck the tyres into the guards at the back. i dunno if i like the look... i want it low, but not ridiculiously dumped.

anyone got pics of 2 inches dropped all round?

also, will there be any clamber if i lower 2 inches? i heard there is automatic clamber if lowered too much (due to control arms or sumthing like that) i dun want any clamber as i want my tyres to wear evenly
    clamber? = camber?

i'd recommend equal dropping all round as there is already a very slight forward angle on civics.
    if you lower your car you're wheels will wear more on the inside.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 gone...
    mate if you are afriad of scraping your front lip then i recommend that you atleast lower your back as much as the front. if you lower the front more then your car will be pointing downwards in the front like a drag car. ie making the front lip more easily scratched. the lower the back is compared to the front the more space there is between the front of your car and the ground. but its up to you i guess if you dont like the look. just giving you a heads up

Member Array
    Car:
    BRZ
    hey,
    I know if u got the $ coil overs is the way to go. but what if yo just want to do a small drop. will this kill ur shocks? maybe a 1inch drop.
    civic is civic backwards
    Green Machine is gone

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by TurBIce View Post
    hey,
    I know if u got the $ coil overs is the way to go. but what if yo just want to do a small drop. will this kill ur shocks? maybe a 1inch drop.

It will still reduce the life of your shocks. not matter what drop you do. but 1inch drop will will longer then say a 2.5inch drop.

Its been coverd before.
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4lyf
    2.5" inch drop .. like Menzy's car
    CEE CEE DUB U

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    hey alex, i reckon you should get 2.5 inch all around.

bevan (silver crew hatch y0 haha) only lowered his 2.5 front and 2.25 rear and it doesnt tuck any tyre, but its snug in the fenders.

looks good if u want practicality y0!

hey kev! you crazy man, if your car could me 1cm of the ground, you would want it to be! haha

can bev get over speed humps and driveways fine without twisting and turning? thats my main concern... still being able to drive up shit! lol

P.S. thanks for the tip ian point noted!