Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowie
    your best bet is to ring around a few shops and get the info directly from the shop rather than getting second hand info. Just a suggestion as prices are always changing, and certain products may be on special as such 8)
    that is correct! but just as an indication, my yellow koni adjustables were bought at supply price for i think $1200 if i remember correctly! retail may be $13-1400 i bought the k-mac springs for $360 for 2 pairs delivered to me, at that was retail price. my cousin and i fitted all ourselves, took a good half day!
    but prices are all relative to brands etcs....

All Springs are pretty cheap and will get you out of trouble..
    i think they charge $125 a pair and will make them as low as you want...
    i went 3.5" at the rear and 3" at the front, and my shocks are fine dude..
    give em a call

Allsprings Pty Ltd
    62 Heathcote Rd Moorebank 2170
    PH02) 9601 6155

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    I would say 1.5" is the absolute limit. If you want the handling and forgo the bling bling! factor then 1" would make your car at least 5 times better than stock.

You have to bear in mind that if you get lowered springs the whole chasis of your car will reduce in height and thus have a constant pressure on your shocks, and it loses about 1" of travel. The OEM shocks were not made to sit in this position all the time ( which is what happens when you lower the car ) so the wear on the shocks are 24/7 even when your car is parked. This is why your shocks will wear out prematurely.

You will dramatically alter your ride, it will be extremely bumpy because the shocks have not got that original distance/travel to absorb all the bumps and rough surface of the road. If for example your shocks only have 3" of travel left before hitting the bump stop your kidneys and internals will be thrown around on every ride hehehe. You'll regret it with such a harsh ride.

If you want to prolong the life of your shocks then I suggest a 1" to 1.25" drop and it will give you the handling package.

If you purely want the bling bling! factor then go the super lows, which is about a 3" or 5cm-ish drop. No handling advantage because you effectively cut your shock absorber's efficiency by about 70%. It looks awsome I admit. Watch out for beer cans on the road, and parking in public car parks,.. Good Luck! speed humps? steep driveways? hahaha.

A good compromise would be a 1.5" to 2" drop, it will wear your shocks out eventually, looks pretty good on the eye but the wear will be at a satisfactory rate.

If this was my decision I would pass on the springs for now and upgrade my front and rear sway bars before even thinking of springs. If you own a normal car, ie not a sports car with stiffer rated springs and lower center of gravity already ( most people actually ) then you would be suffering from excessive body roll. Springs will assist this to some extent, how ever the stiffness is more important than the height in this instance.

To stop or reduce your car from body roll you need to fit the right swaybars for your car.
    If you can afford the swaybars and springs at the same time and able to do a proper wheel alignment then that would be the best option.

If you still insist on going springs first then I suggest you look into progressive springs, its a great compromise between good daily ride and hard cornering.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiceyTeg
    All Springs are pretty cheap and will get you out of trouble..
    i think they charge $125 a pair and will make them as low as you want...
    i went 3.5" at the rear and 3" at the front, and my shocks are fine dude..
    give em a call

Allsprings Pty Ltd
    62 Heathcote Rd Moorebank 2170
    PH02) 9601 6155
    They manufacture Jumbos Springs.

These springs are pretty good for bang for bucks, however most the people that I know that used these springs ( I did many years ago ) confirmed that they are good for about 1 year then it tends to sag.

So my advice is if you want a 2" drop then get the 1.5" and a year later it will be 2" LOL.

If you are on a budget then they are the go. If you want cheaper then head off the SuperCheap Autos and get their ones which is even cheaper than AllSprings.

I would stick with K-Mac, Kings and Whiteline if you intend on keeping your car for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by SiNH
    These springs are pretty good for bang for bucks, however most the people that I know that used these springs ( I did many years ago ) confirmed that they are good for about 1 year then it tends to sag.
    I agree that they are bang for bucks.. my mates had his 3.5" drop at the rear & a 3" drop at the front using Jumbo's and his has sagged about 0.5"
    Go low dude!! teg's need to be low, they look awesome man!! even if u go on standard shocks for about 6 months, you can go upgrade later after a bit of saving if needed.. :lol:

ps.. take a look at my mates on 18" rims with no kit.. looks hot

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    Awsome bro! love it! gimme more pics.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    lovely teg..... not a fan of the rims though..... makes sense when you look in the background and realise where they're getting fitted at....

EDIT: the stockies would have looked so much cleaner and better dropped IMO...

dont have any more pics yet..
    but i think we are getting of the subject a bit, so yea i say slam your teg dude!!! it'll look sik! :lol:

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    DAMN! yeah.. well thats exactly how mine would look (the top pic, stock wheels, grey, no spoiler... gah!!!!!)....
    hmmmm man i thought 1.5" would be enough, but it does look hot!
    but i gotta keep it legal too....and i dont want the hassles of bumps etc.... so 1.5 will have to do. then at least the gap between rubber and side guard will be zERO. and i wont have THAT much trouble with speed humps, and westfield car parks etc....
    so i guess when money comes.... 1.5" springs..... and some shocks too...
    when do we hit vtec?

heres another pic.. both me and my mate went 3.5" low at the rear and 3" at front.. although i have front bar, so it does sit lower

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by vti-2
    How low is super low ? What springs do you use? Please advise. Thanks.
    Superlows are between 2.5-3inch drop. The springs are King Superlows... :wink:
    Thanks! That's a fair bit. We're talking 55-60mm here. The car shuld be pretty stiff. Using Eibach springs, i had my VTiR down 30mm only and she was already quite bumpy. However, the handling has improved a lot. Road and track.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    fried: u sure u wanna go for 1.5"?? u mite not b satisfied.
    well its up to u dood. =)