Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    What are the spring rates of the RA? I have BC Race Spec which are 12/8 and there's nothing unstreetable about the ride. It's uncomfy, but I didn't buy an old CRX for comfort.

RA spring rate is higher than 12-8 - which is average.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    RA spring rate for DC2R is 14f / 10r

You can always change the damper setting to compensate. You don't have to be running them at 100 percent all the time.

Running damper at 100 percent on bumpy road is definately going to through you off the road because theres no give in the suspension. You should be able to change the damper to be suitable for the street, even if it is still harder then stock you'll be fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 07
    I got flex on my civic... I have to drive on some bad roads on the way to work and home... It's a nightmare, espcially when I'm tired..
    But definitley streetable when the roads don't have holes everywhere..
    My friend had RA on his teg, very very tight compared to the flex... I would say alright if it isn't daily drive..

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    12/8 is pretty hard for a car that's a few hundred kilos lighter than the Lude> I would say 14/10 is comparable.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    When you try, you will know the quality.

Just installed Tein RA into his car. Ask him for the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512 View Post
    i thought they were just the official distributer for TEINS in australia....dont think they modify the coilovers....
    but i could be wrong...
    nah they test out the coilover on the car in question then go about re-valving/changing spring rates if they need to.

I was the first CL9 to get fitted with TEIN suspension at fulcrum and they left the dampening and spring rate as it came from japan. After testing they decided it was suitable. 8k front and 4k rear spring rates are a good street setup for Aussie conditions i take it.

IN saying that though if i ever get them re-built I'll have them revalved/sprung a bit firmer (tho it may be cheaper to buy a different coilover at that stage)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Well i just got the coilovers installed and let me tell you this.
    THEY ARE F*#^ING UNBELIEVABLE!

I would not think about getting any other coilover. Yeah they are a little stiff but no where near as stiff as ppl say. On normal roads the car drives normal and actually quite comfortable and even goes over bumps quite nicely.

But i still have to go slowly over big dips but i would have done this even with my old coilovers.

In the end i loved this product.

Thanx for the advice and installation edward A grade service.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    glad u like the TEIN Type RA