Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM96R View Post
    Sorry for n00b question, but when just driving normally are you able to change from any gear into neutral ie 3rd and then just pull down into neutral without using the clutch and this doesnt harm your gearbox/clutch???
    You can't pull down from gear to neutral without feeling resistance. And it is bad for your gearbox. So for the 99.99% of the time when you are driving on the street, you press the clutch in fully and then shift. For that 0.01% of the time when you are at the drag strip, you can find the actual clutch release point where you can pull it from a gear to neutral without much resistance. That will help you speed up your shift on the drag strip.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 Integra Type R JDM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwillz View Post
    no cant go neutral from a gear wifout clutch IN

this one time my friend tried to drive the car.. somehow my clutch was invisible so went to gear 1 to 2 wif no clutch..
    the creak from that was heart breaking...

Yea but im talking about going from 1st to neutral not 1st to second

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by d15z1SUX View Post
    is that when your flooring it. then you just push the clutch and change gear while ur foot is still on the accelerator?
    this is what i do.
    but its gotta be done hard and fast.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    You can't pull down from gear to neutral without feeling resistance. And it is bad for your gearbox. So for the 99.99% of the time when you are driving on the street, you press the clutch in fully and then shift.
    Yea but im talking about going from 1st to neutral not 1st to second
    ne gear mate (1-5/6).... is a no no
    dont tell me u stil do it in ur jdm dc2r
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    Mazda Familia/ED06 civic
    at the track i put my seat one notch forward just to be sure i am pushing the clutch all the way to the floor.
    Andrew

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EF9
    Sorry for n00b question, but when just driving normally are you able to change from any gear into neutral ie 3rd and then just pull down into neutral without using the clutch and this doesnt harm your gearbox/clutch???
    I find that you can do this without harming the gearbox if you pull it into neutral at the exact moment between acceleration and deceleration. this is where the driveline itself will be at a "neutral" state. It is a very smooth and harmless move. You dont even need to "pull" it so to speak, it will slide out with a the least encouragement should you get the timing right.

Dont see why you would want to do this anyway.